2,426 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed in The Britannia Sachas Hotel on 7th September and it was the worst night in a hotel I’ve ever had. The bed sheets were ripped, the shower didn’t work, the air con was non existent, it was horrible. When brought to the receptionists attention, her and her colleague didn’t seem to care one little bit. So we’ve wrote to the hotel to complain about all of the above, including the attitude of the receptionists, and their reply was nothing short of an insult. We had asked for a full refund of our payment, being £76 as I feel this is a completely fair amount to ask for and what they offered us was “10%” refund of our payment. That works out at £7.60. Disgusting. Wouldn’t stay here again if someone paid me too. I’ve given this hotel a terrible rating and that’s only because I can’t rate them any lower.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stewilton95
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I had booked a room with no window as I did not have any issues when I stayed here 2 years back in no window room at Sachas. This time they gave me room number 311 and it was like Owen. When we checked with the reception they said that there is no A/C in any of the rooms. So they suggested to take a fan. We said ok for fan but no one came to the room give the fan. Midnight 2AM I had to go down and remind them about fan and then we got it. The fan did not make any change. The room was too hot and I did not sleep the whole night. It was like sleeping inside a microwave owen. Worst ever. My whole trip mood was spoiled and will never come back again.

Adding to this, The room was not cleaned when we entered first. The dustbin had sandwich boxes an bed wastes. Very poor maintenance.

Suggestion: Never ever book NO WINDOW rooms. Roadside roofs are far better than these rooms.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Vinodh K
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Myself and my partner frequently stay in hotels around the country, and never have we had a stay this bad.
First of all - the pictures do not look ANYTHING like what it actually looks like. It’s VERY dated. On arrival we were given our room key and pleased with the reception staff, then we went to find out room. It had no windows, the aircon did not work, it was so hot in the room that I began to feel sick. I had about 3 hours sleep due to the unbearable heat in that room.
I went to have a shower and was surprised to find out it actually didn’t work. The leaver that needs to be lifted to make the shower head work, was broken so I had to bend down and hold this while trying to shower. Terrible.
When arriving in the room, the first thing I noticed was that the bed sheets were torn!
This morning when were packing up our stuff to leave I started to look at one of the leaflets left on a glass topped small table in the room, when I slid the leaflet off the table the glass top went with it and fell straight onto my foot. This has left a huge gash and a very swollen foot. NOT happy with this at all and especially dangerous if children had been in the room. (I will be paying a visit to A&E today I think!) we went down for breakfast (well, I hobbled down) and the food was so greasy it was dropping in oil, knocked me sick and I couldn’t finish my meal. Absolutely terrible. The water that was on offer was warm, absolutely not worth £7 per person!!!!
When we checked out I spoke to the lady at reception (brown hair tied in a pony tail, didn’t catch her name) about our stay and the things that I found were dreadful and all that was offered was I could write my accident in the accident book... we actually didn’t get an apology either.
All while I was talking to her another blonde lady stood next to her on the reception desk stared at me so intensely it made me feel so uncomfortable and like I shouldn’t be complaining.

Not happy about paying £76 to stay in this absolute dive. False advertisement on the pictures and all round absolutely terrible.

DO NOT STAY HERE. We will be making a formal complaint and attempting to get our money back.
(Would rate it 0 stars if I could)

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank oliviarae27
Reviewed 7 September 2018

We stayed here 03/09 until today, 07/09. On arrival at Sachas we were pleasantly surprised at the exterior and entrance. It looked like a hotel at a resort abroad...water features, chandeliers and marble stairs. Check in was good. The man who greeted us was polite and very helpful. We were asked if we wanted a smoking or non smoking room which surprised us a bit...we didn't think hotels let residents smoke in rooms since the smoking ban. We're both none smokers so requested the non smoking room. The downstairs corridor and elevators were big and clean. That's where it all started to go downhill! As we got out on the 2nd floor the first thing we noticed was the strong smell of smoke and cannabis (explained the choice of the smoking room). Our room (243) looked okay at first glance but after spending all of 3 minutes in there we realised it was far from okay! The bath panel was half off, there was stains on the carpets, yellow stains in the bath. The bed was so worn and hard that the springs were hanging out. I sat on the bed and actually jumped up in pain at a spring digging into the back of my knee. I called reception and the lady I spoke to was really good (atleast we thought so). She sent up a man with new room keys for a bigger and apparently lovely room that also apparently had a much better bed. Again as we entered the 3rd floor to go to the new room it stunk of smoke. The new room itself was bigger and the bathroom was much better. The bed though was just as bad as the first room. We used the extra pillows and blanket to try and pad the mattress so we could actually sleep. Fair to say though that both my husband and I woke up each morning with stiff backs. During the stay our room wasn't serviced by housekeeping very well. The bins were emptied but the bed wasn't made and the the carpet wasn't hoovered. On the second last day the bed was actually made but the dirty sheets (I spilt a drink) weren't replaced. We booked and paid for breakfast on one of the mornings...big mistake. The member of staff serving was on her own and rushed off her feet. The hot food hadn't been replaced and the tomatoes and beans had a skin on the top. The bread was also stale. Another guest complained several times and even walked into the kitchen to get the staffs attention yet the food still wasn't replaced. The same night we attempted to use the pizza restaurant for dinner. We stood at the desk waiting to be seated for 5 minutes... in this time we didn't see one member of staff. Other guests were also waiting for staff. We walked away and decided to spend our money elsewhere. On our last night we were woken to loud and intoxicated guests in the corridors although they were quickly moved by the hotel bouncers/doormen. I understand that the guests bad behaviour isn't the hotels fault but the entire hotel inside and out seems to attract very unsavoury people. On check out we were again disappointed. The receptionist merely put out her hand and asked for the room keycard without hardly raising her eyes from the computer screen. No ask of how our stay had been. After a very disappointing stay we decided it best to just leave and not bother complaining anymore. We have since spoken to Hotels.com where we booked the hotel and they were happy to accept the feedback. Overall my husband and I are incredibly disappointed in Sachas. The place could have so much potential. We still enjoyed our time in Manchester as the location of the hotel couldn't be better but we won't return to Sachas again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank EmmaDeanB
Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at Sachas for two nights. Hotel was clean but incredibly dated and in need of modernisation. The beds were very hard, we had an internal room with no windows, and the air conditioning didn’t work properly (even though it sounded like a plane during taxi), so it was boiling. We had a smoking room and the whole floor in the hotel stank of really strong weed. Don’t be tight like I was, and pay the extra £10 for a window. Otherwise I’d come back, it did the job, was cheap, and we had a good time using it only as a base. Will be back next Jan for my 21st, but definitely with a window....

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends