“Super small hotel”

Eleven Didsbury Park
Ranked #11 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Stayed overnight for a birthday party in room 36. Large room on the first floor with bathroom and separate shower room. Very comfortable bed with exceptional pillows. Super quality towels and fittings. Good breakfast. Staff all excellent.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review. I'm happy to hear you found the bed comfortable and the staff all excellent.
Please consider us again next time to you are in the area.
Warm wishes

Reviewed 15 September 2017

My friend who lives in Disbury booked a single room for me for 3 nights at £138/night, excluding breakfast. This far was too high a price for a small, basic, dingy ground floor room overlooking a car park and the facilities offered. I was also asked for "£50 per night for additional items" and to swipe my credit card entering my pin before being shown my room. The TV did not work 2 of 3 evenings until attended to. The price is far too high for a small hotel in a suburb of Manchester 20 minutes walk from the nearest metro station for trains to the town centre.

Room Tip: My room was poor. You must inspect your room in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear _h_braunsberg

For the avoidance of any doubt for future guests-

Having been in touch with you personally I will recap on what I have already explained, the walking time to East Didsbury Metro link station on google maps is 11 minutes, your friends information of 20 minutes is incorrect and your review is despite you advising me you did not take the walk yourself, furthermore approximately half way to the tram stop is East Didsbury train station.

I am aware the hosts on duty had to help you operate the TV each night, if you are not familiar with SKY remotes (I agree) they can be confusing. The Classic room your friend chose for you does have a super king size bed however it may have been better if you made your own room choice from our website as we do have larger rooms for guests who require more space. As I previously explained if you plan to travel in the UK in the future it is common practise to take pre authorisations from guests on check in and yes it does require your pin, the payment however is only taken on departure.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 September 2017

For a small intimate wedding with great attention to detail and staff that are just such a pleasure to work with to make our special day even better, this IS the pace. I can't say enough good things about it. The rooms are beautifully presented and the hotel overall is a little gem, in lovely grounds. We loved all the quirky little touches and cant wait to go back for a 1st wedding anniversary. I would highly recommend the lovely hotel.

Stayed: March 2017
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for the lovely review you have written after your recent big day and stay with us.
I'm happy to hear you were happy and enjoyed your special day.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary stay, which I am sure will come around fast!
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

It seems it is possible for a hotel, which is surrounded by other properties, to feel like it is in a perfectly secluded, serene haven! A beautiful property, immaculately presented. We stayed overnight for a family gathering. We had the suite as we had our three children with us and it was fabulous, really great facilities, a roll top bath in the bedroom, which our children thoroughly enjoyed bathing in! The luxurious toiletries are a great extra. It was tight with two extra beds (the little ones shared) but we knew it was going to be and we were happy with that.
The food was excellent, the staff were all so helpful and friendly. The garden is delightful, we played croquet on the lawn and wandered among the flowers.
I am now working on a child free trip for my husband and I... I think drinking tea with the Sunday papers in the garden might just be my idea of heaven!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

What a lovely review you have taken the time to share after your recent stay.
It sounds like you had good weather to be able to enjoy the garden and croquet.
I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the roll top bath.
We look forward to welcoming you back again, with or without the kids!
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We attended a wedding and stayed at the hotel, the service and the staff were first class, we would recommend it. The outdoor barbecue was excellent and the setting made it a perfect day for the happy couple.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recently attended a wedding.
It's lovely to hear you found the setting perfect for the special day and that you would recommend the hotel.
Kind regards