All reviewsroll top bathveranda suitesister hoteleclectic villaleafy suburbquiet roadeclectic hotelsfree standing bathbreakfast room ismonsoon showerboutique hotellovely boutiquesmall hotelbeautiful hotelfresh milkbreakfast was delicioushome from home
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My friend who lives in Disbury booked a single room for me for 3 nights at £138/night, excluding breakfast. This far was too high a price for a small, basic, dingy ground floor room overlooking a car park and the facilities offered. I was also asked for "£50 per night for additional items" and to swipe my credit card entering my pin before being shown my room. The TV did not work 2 of 3 evenings until attended to. The price is far too high for a small hotel in a suburb of Manchester 20 minutes walk from the nearest metro station for trains to the town centre.

Room Tip: My room was poor. You must inspect your room in advance.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear _h_braunsberg

For the avoidance of any doubt for future guests-

Having been in touch with you personally I will recap on what I have already explained, the walking time to East Didsbury Metro link station on google maps is 11 minutes, your friends information of 20 minutes is incorrect and your review is despite you advising me you did not take the walk yourself, furthermore approximately half way to the tram stop is East Didsbury train station.

I am aware the hosts on duty had to help you operate the TV each night, if you are not familiar with SKY remotes (I agree) they can be confusing. The Classic room your friend chose for you does have a super king size bed however it may have been better if you made your own room choice from our website as we do have larger rooms for guests who require more space. As I previously explained if you plan to travel in the UK in the future it is common practise to take pre authorisations from guests on check in and yes it does require your pin, the payment however is only taken on departure.

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 September 2017

For a small intimate wedding with great attention to detail and staff that are just such a pleasure to work with to make our special day even better, this IS the pace. I can't say enough good things about it. The rooms are beautifully presented and the hotel overall is a little gem, in lovely grounds. We loved all the quirky little touches and cant wait to go back for a 1st wedding anniversary. I would highly recommend the lovely hotel.

Stayed: March 2017
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Thank you for the lovely review you have written after your recent big day and stay with us.
I'm happy to hear you were happy and enjoyed your special day.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your anniversary stay, which I am sure will come around fast!
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

It seems it is possible for a hotel, which is surrounded by other properties, to feel like it is in a perfectly secluded, serene haven! A beautiful property, immaculately presented. We stayed overnight for a family gathering. We had the suite as we had our three children with us and it was fabulous, really great facilities, a roll top bath in the bedroom, which our children thoroughly enjoyed bathing in! The luxurious toiletries are a great extra. It was tight with two extra beds (the little ones shared) but we knew it was going to be and we were happy with that.
The food was excellent, the staff were all so helpful and friendly. The garden is delightful, we played croquet on the lawn and wandered among the flowers.
I am now working on a child free trip for my husband and I... I think drinking tea with the Sunday papers in the garden might just be my idea of heaven!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

What a lovely review you have taken the time to share after your recent stay.
It sounds like you had good weather to be able to enjoy the garden and croquet.
I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the roll top bath.
We look forward to welcoming you back again, with or without the kids!
Best wishes

Reviewed 25 August 2017

We attended a wedding and stayed at the hotel, the service and the staff were first class, we would recommend it. The outdoor barbecue was excellent and the setting made it a perfect day for the happy couple.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your review after your recently attended a wedding.
It's lovely to hear you found the setting perfect for the special day and that you would recommend the hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

My Mum and I stayed at the hotel for one night to attend a recent concert in Manchester.
The property is an old Victorian house which has been turned into a beautiful hotel. There is parking onsite albeit it's on the small side. On walking through the front entrance, we were greeted and led into a study room to check in. The process was quick and efficient as expected.
Following this, we were led to our room. We booked an Eclectic room as this was what the hotel had available. The room was lovely in size and on the ground floor of the hotel. I was a little concerned it might be noisy being near the restaurant area, but this wasn't the case. The view overlooked the carpark, not the best but it wasn't a problem and the stay was quiet. The room has a freestanding roll top bath inside the bedroom which we didn't plan on using but was a wonderful addition to the overall atmosphere and this would be perfect for a couples break. However, we weren't aware that there wasn't a separate shower room only a separate toilet and sink area. The monsoon shower was also situated in the bedroom without obscured glass. This information isn't indicated on the website. It actually states a separate shower room and this is the case for all rooms. Obviously, this wasn't an ideal choice for us. This needs to be more clearly indicated on the website or made clear at the time of booking as we would have chosen to book a different room if we had known this.
However, there are excellent in room amenities from Temple Spa, tea, coffee and herbal teas are provided too. There's a TV and a music system. There is a small cupboard utilised as a wardrobe too. One benefit is that the hotel feels secure at night, as there is an intercom system allowing guests entry during these hours.
In the morning, we found breakfast to be very pleasant. A continental offering of fruit, cereal, yogurts and a few pastries as one would expect. You can also order an cooked option too. I ordered scrambled eggs on toast and my Mum the full English, both were well cooked. The breakfast room is lovely and overlooks the pretty garden. You can choose to sit inside or in the conservatory area. Both are decorated in a modern, country cottage style. We were interrupted by one member of staff showing around a group who were clearly interested in booking the hotel for a private event. Discussing the room arrangements whilst guests were eating wasn't ideal. Surely this could have been booked an a more appropriate time.
Overall, we would return and recommend this hotel to other guests but advise checking the room features very carefully before booking!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2017

Thank you for your lovely review after your recent stay.
I'm happy to hear you found the hotel secure and quiet and found the room amenities excellent. It's also great to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and the breakfast room overlooking the Victorian Walled Garden.
Our bedrooms come in all shapes, sizes and decoration and are individually designed. I'm sorry that tje popular room that you occupied wasn't to your satisfaction in terms of layout, I'm wondering did you talk to the Host on duty regarding this to see if the room could be changed to one suiting your requirements? Our hosts always work hard to ensure guests are as comfortable as possible.
Hopefully we get to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Warm wishes