All reviews roll top bath veranda suite sister hotel eclectic villa leafy suburb quiet road eclectic hotels free standing bath breakfast room is monsoon shower boutique hotel lovely boutique small hotel beautiful hotel fresh milk breakfast was delicious great shower
Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed at Eleven Didsbury this weekend due to a friend getting married there.. My first impression was that the place is lovely.Upon checking in and going to my room I was greeted by a lovely , clean, airy room which had a shower in the bathroom and also a bath in the bedroom ( which was cool to watch TV in ) .. I guess the only downside was the prices for drinks £4.10 for a bottle of lager, but it's worth paying the extra for the surroundings ... Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent visit to your friends wedding.
It's nice to hear you found the room lovely and would recommend us.
Kind regards

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed just for one night whilst on a work trip. Was given the room in the roof with the outdoor bathroom (wasted on a business trip unfortunately). Was a lovely room, comfy bed and friendly staff. Will definitely stay here next time I am in Didsbury.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.
It's great to hear you enjoyed your bedroom, hopefully you can come back and have the same room when you are not on a business trip!
Warmest regards

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Stayed as a family in three rooms whilst attending a wedding at sister hotel in same road. Rooms were, like rest of hotel, stylishly decorated and comfortable; elegant but not stuffy. The staff were delightful and from a wide range of European countries; charming and efficient. Breakfast was really good in a quiet area allowing a relaxed time in comfortable surrounding with high quality food. Not a really cheap option but a high quality hotel near to Manchester Business school

Room Tip: Rooms in older part were quieter and cooler
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Peter L
Caroline D, Operations Manager at Eleven Didsbury Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms stylishly decorated and comfortable and our staff delightful.
Kind regards

Reviewed 10 August 2015

On the surface Eleven Didsbury Park looks like a very nice little hotel and to be honest it is – but for me there were a few things that really let the place down. We weren't asked if everything was okay with our stay when we checked out, so I'll relay it here.
The hotel is beautiful, a very pretty little place with some nice design touches, the parking is a bit of an issue but the hotel is on a quiet road and there's ample parking on the street. Our room was quite small and inexplicably had a roll-top bath right in the middle. On the website, where wide angle lenses are used, this looks quite spacious but the reality is quite cramped especially as there was also a chair and table at the end of the bed and a gigantic wardrobe dominating the space.
The website also says "Each room has a large luxury handmade mattress", well this was a double mattress at best so for a couple used to a super kingsize - it proved to be a interesting night. The heat of the room was quite oppressive as there's no air con, there is a ceiling fan, but the control knob was missing off the wall, so it was hard to turn on. We did open the window but the thick curtains stopped any air coming in and as the room looked out over the carpark, we couldn't really have the curtains open. The kettle was up on a shelf behind the TV and radio and was a bit of a chore to get down, fill etc then put back. It really sounds like I'm nit-picking but the problem really was the layout of the room didn't make for a nice user experience. I know they're going for the 'eclectic' angle but you can't design a room so it doesn't really work and just call it eclectic. It needs to be functional at least, I like to be able to see the TV wherever I am in a hotel room, for instance.
All the above I can forgive, it needs a little fixing up of the detail (shower controls and aforementioned fan control) and I can live with the layout - it's not like you'll be there long after all – what I can't forgive though was the sour milk in the fridge which caused my partner to throw up - neither can I ignore the dried food and stains on the breakfast seats that we had reserved for meeting friends in the morning. I probably wouldn't have bothered writing this review if those two things hadn't happened - not to mention the reaction from the staff who I spoke to about the above.
So in short - yes, a lovely hotel but let down by some details - style over substance is okay but you have to get the fundamentals right as well.

Room Tip: As the rooms don't have air-con, they're very hot in the Summer.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonLozzza

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
It’s good to hear you found the hotel beautiful with some nice design touches but I’m sorry to hear your room wasn’t to your liking. The hotel was built circa 1840 therefore the layout and shape of some of the rooms is based on some original features and the hotel does have a free parking space for every bedroom.
The issue with the fan control has now been rectified, I’m sorry this occurred during your stay.
We provide complimentary fresh milk in our mini bars and the milk is in hygienically sealed containers that are date stamped, I’m sorry if you found your milk had gone off within the specified best before date and we will monitor this with our diary provider. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Best regards

Reviewed 4 August 2015

We had a great 2 nights here - we spent our first night in the eclectic villa room with the outside bath shed and the second night in the veranda suite. There had been confusion about our booking and we had to change room but we were upgraded which was great and the staff were very helpful providing us with travel cots and moving our bags. The veranda suite was perfect for travelling with young children as we could put them to bed upstairs and then relax downstairs in the sitting room. The staff were really friendly and helpful, the rooms were great. We loved the outside bath room and so did our boys :o) The garden is lovely too. Thank you for a great little holiday and we will come back next time we're in Manchester.

Room Tip: Veranda suite and Eclectic Villa with outside bath are both great
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I'm happy to hear you and your boys had a great little holiday with ourselves.
I'm sorry to hear there was some confusion with your booking, but I'm glad we managed to sort it out with a complimentary upgrade for you.
We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Manchester
Best regards