“Can you have too much wonderful food?”
Review of Hunan Restaurant

Hunan Restaurant
Ranked #333 of 2,528 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

The four of us visited Hunan, we came upon it by accident although my son had been to the Escape room above it before. Once inside we knew we’d picked the right place as it was buzzing mainly with Chinese diners. We decided on the Banquet at £26 per head, we were very hungry and the menu provided us with all our favourites. Everything was very good. The chicken and sweet corn soup was hot and delicious; the prawn toasts, spring rolls, wontons, ribs, chicken satay and seaweed were perfect; the duck spring rolls were to die for and then the main courses - superb but far too much for us to do them justice. I think the mains were special fried rice, seafood curry, sweet and sour chicken, mixed vegetables, sizzling steak and red pork. We topped it all off with Tsingtao beer. The staff were very pleasant, smiling and friendly. This was my husbands first trip to Manchester and my first trip to China Town, we will be back. Thank you.

1  Thank CornishJane

Reviewed 5 February 2018

What a change from the usual UK Chinese meal. This reminded me of being in south-east Asia with unusual menu items. I played reasonably safe and had an excellent duck in beer meal despite a warning from the waiter that it was on the bone and pretty much the whole duck (heart/kidneys etc) and that it was hot. It certainly was but delicious as was my son's Kung Po chicken. The salt and pepper chicken wings were perfect and went down well with a Tsing Tao. Very reasonable £40 for the two of us including drinks and more food than we could manage. Set meal for 2 would be good - the non-veg options were for 3 or more.

1  Thank Jigzy
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Called in here again on my latest visit to Manchester. Restaurant is in the Chinatown area just a short walk from St Peters Square and the centre of Manchester. We called in about 5 and the place was empty, but don't let that put you off. There was an evening dinner menu with starter and main combo for 8.80. These dishes were what you would expect from any Chinese and we chose spring rolls , barbecued pork ribs as starters and Chicken and King Po sauce and Prawn with Garlic and Spring Onion as our mains. All dishes were really delicious . During our meal we looked at the main menu and given time next visit we will try some of the dishes less familiar to us which included many fish and pork dishes. You won't go wrong here whatever your taste.

1  Thank Galwaygael
Reviewed 1 February 2018

A quick trip into Manchester China Town I spotted the restaurant. There was nice range of food and the crayfish caught my eye as a reminder of a visit to Hangzhou.

It was funny that they offered me a spoon and folk before I'd even chosen, "no thanks" and assumed I spicy to them might be too much for me.

The food arrive, it looked really good. They gave me gloves and other cleaning items. There was a lot of sauce, if i was critical it would have been nice with a bib (don't wear white/ light colours). The crayfish was delicious.

The wifi is an issue! even with the password i couldn't get on it.

To finish they offered to make the crayfish more spicy than they ordinarily would next time, there will be a next time.

The

1  Thank MoreOnUK
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We stopped off here for an early supper before catching a train. What a good choice. Crispy duck really good, The tofu was also great, For a main course we chose the Spicy beef with onion, chilli tasty and the Hunan shrimp superb. We had pak choi as the vegetable and that too was fresh and hot. Service attentive and friendly.
Can thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank harpendenscout