6,293 results
All reviews manchester airport stayed here an early flight shuttle service courtesy bus courtesy phone next morning days parking car parking an overnight stay park and fly family room one night stay checking in good nights sleep booked this hotel bewleys
Reviewed 5 September 2016

So it is easy to enthuse about hotels but if you look at my other reviews (I don't expect that as of course if you are looking at this you'll be looking at airports at or near Manchester airports only) you would find a real mixed bag of good and bad reviews. I say this as this is one of, if not the most glowing reviews I've left.

I recently needed to fly for a weekend to Germany and was in Manchester for two nights before flying. I stayed at the Castlefield hotel in Liverpool Road the first night (near to town) but my car was broken into in the hotel car park (2nd time in 2 months so not going there again). I don't have a standard car so I couldn't get a replacement rear windscreen which the thieves had smashed the next day when I was due to fly and stay at the Clayton. I gingerly drove my car to the Clayton and explained. The hotel staff were amazing. Far from telling me there was nothing they could do, these people went well out of their way, making calls to the glass people I'd sourced, allowing me to park my car in a floodlit disabled bay right next to the front door so as to ensure no further thefts whilst the car had to wait the whole weekend for a replacement rear screen.

I hadn't booked my car into their carpark at all - I'd booked into Terminal 1 car park. Not only did they allow me to keep the car at the hotel in that safe space, when I got back (after 3 nights) I offered to pay and they told me I'd had enough trouble and not to worry about the fee. Fantastic service.

The hotel bar serves great food, drinks from equally friendly staff and the rooms are quiet and of good size. It's not 5 star luxury but it's more than adequate for an airport stay. The shuttle service to and from the terminals is constant, reliable and free.

I will not stay at another hotel at Manchester airport (and I fly a lot) in future. The degree of customer service just could not be better and the facilities are everything you need and more. Well done to the staff of the hotel who were genuinely amazing. Thank you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank MJMChester_UK
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Had an early flight from Manchester airport so booked this hotel as good value for money and it included a weeks parking.
The entrance to the hotel was very difficult to find and we ended up driving round and round the airport but a call to the hotel and the staff gave very clear instruction. Reception well staffed, friendly and clear with the parking instruction.
Rooms are of a good standard, clean and well maintained. Unfortunately no air con though and our room was too hot. Good point is considering you are on an airport the rooms are very quiet which was great. Beds not comfy though.
Cannot comment on food as didn't eat here but did have drinks and this is a point that the hotel really need to improve on. The bar is extremely busy and they only had 1 member of staff servng so a wait of around 15 minutes just to buy drinks!!!!
The shuttle bus to the airport terminal is very good, reliable,on time and the guys driving the buses are an asset as very helpful and friendly even at 05:30 in the morning..so thankyou. When you arrive back at the airport a quick call to the hotel from the free phones at the airport, a short walk to a bus stop and the shuttle bus arrives within a few minutes...back to the hotel and the car is ready and waiting. Parking service therefore very good for holidays so would probably stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank leisajd
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

What a nice start for out holiday
We stayed here last night before heading to the airport for our holiday
Its a lovely clean and bright hotel
They provide a mini bus for airport transfers free of charge you just book the times you need it or use the free phone at the airport to call them to come and pick you up
The room was modern and spotless and seeing as ours faced the Airport stop for both trains and trams we didn't hear much and slept well in a lovely comfy bed
The room had a bath and shower and the bathroom was also spotless
They provide tea and coffee and a free view TV
There is an iron and ironing board in the wardrobe
We had dinner 3 courses for £23.00 and it was all lovey presented and tasty
We also had breakfast this morning and there is plenty of choice at the buffet counter from a full English to more healthy choices of fresh fruit etc
Coffee and tea and juices including their house detox water which is lovey
My husband loves his full English but i like something lighter so we both got to have what we liked
Just checking out now to wait for the mini bus over to the airport
Would stay here again before a flight and recommend
If you have kids there is also a little playroom for them

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank Linda R
Reviewed 4 September 2016

I booked in here at the end of a business trip so we would have no early morning stress getting to our flight.
The shuttles to and from the station and the terminals was very good.
The restaurant and food was great.
The rooms were good.

2  Thank Colin P
Reviewed 3 September 2016

My partner and I stayed here the night prior to flying out to get married in Cyprus and had booked well in advance using an external booking agents website due to the Parking deals not being very clear on the Hotels own website.

We primarily chose the airport due to location and the parking service - I wanted to be able to forget about the car on arrival at the hotel. We decided to drop our bags off the night before our flight and the hotel shuttle service was very useful helping us to do this. The morning of our flight there was a lot of buses in use and we were on our way in no time at all. On our return the service was quite slow and when the bus turned up there was only space for 2 people; despite being the first two people in the queue we let an elderly couple go before us and it was another 10 minutes before the bus arrived. Other than this we highly rate the shuttle service.

Overall the experience was very positive and we appeared to have had our room upgraded without explanation which was a nice surprise although while very nice, we would have been frustrated had we paid the upgrade as it didn't appear particularly special. The room is spacious, a basic range of channels with tea and coffee making facilities. Bathroom was very spacious too.

We also ate in the hotel bar on a busy Saturday evening which meant staff were stretched but it was an excellent atmosphere. The live music is a really nice touch and not something I would have expected in an airport hotel. The service was friendly but quite inefficient; it took a while for our order to be taken and when it was the waiter would then have to go back to the bar to be able to take our payment. The tables have numbers which gave a lot of people (myself included) the impression that you ordered at the bar - which probably would be a better option. The food was excellent although the portions weren't the biggest. The desserts felt very overpriced.

Across our whole stay the service was excellent and friendly apart from one incident. When checking in we were being dealt with in a very friendly manner by a female member of staff who then asked a male member of staff (clearly a superior) for assistance. She was spoken to in a really dismissive and disrespectful manner, which shocked us as customers and clearly her too. I'm really frustrated I can't remember her name as she was so lovely, but some of your more senior staff could do with remembering that a) their colleagues are people who deserve respect too; b) they're a team and c) customers can see and hear what they say.

On balance I think I would use the hotel again if I was on a particularly special trip such as this however it didn't feel like the best value for money meaning I would shop around in future and consider staying locally but off the airport itself.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple