“Great place ”

Cuisines: British, Bar, Grill, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Home Style
Transit: Rail: Victoria Station/Salford Central. A free bus runs from Piccadilly station till 7pm everyday it stops outside The Living Room.
Description: "Celebrating 18 years this year, Manchester's original premium cocktail bar/restaurant is still the place to be seen" Friendly service of a food menu encompassing hearty classics such as Fillet Steak and Fish & Chips to lighter bites such as Watermelon Salads and Eggs Benedict. Classic and contemporary cocktails from around the world, hand crafted with flair and enthusiasm by professional mixologists and a wine and champagne list to perfectly compliment any meal. The restaurant boasts an impressive baby grand piano with live musical performances many nights, leading up to resident and guest DJs creating a vibrant party scene into the early hours at weekends. Our Cocktail Master Classes are presented with passion, knowledge and banter by bar tenders dedicated to their craft and guaranteed to put a smile on your face. Restaurant tables and bar booths sell out fast on weekends so advance booking is recommended. Please contact the events team to reserve bar booths or for information on our Private Function Rooms to suit any occasion, from birthday parties to weddings and business meetings. All functions can be individually tailored to suit your needs.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a little bit of a facelift since our last visit as we haven’t been here for a while. The place is still vibrant and very well followed. - staff are friendly and well trained for quick service. Great spot for a drink and a chat

1  Thank MULCASTER2

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Even though The Living Room has been refurbished it just looks like it needs a little TLC. The outside area in particular looks grubby and an afterthought. We used to love visiting but there are so many better bars and restaurants, The Living Room needs to up its game.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I enjoyed my visit here and liked the food, which was better than I was expecting, though some other party members found it a bit rich..but may have been their combination of choices! We went at a quiet time and I did wonder about the wisdom of sitting large parties who had obviously pre-ordered large numbers of drinks, and were having a good time, amongst those who wanted a quiet Sunday lunch - I notice some groups moved. Waitress was very apologetic in having to tell us that the service charge applied to all groups, not just larger ones as per the menu - not impressed by this

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was booked to celebrate a hen party weekend.

When we arrived we were shown straight to our table which had been laid out in a large square. This was ideal as there was 15 of us.

Some of the party had pre-ordered cocktails and these were brought out before we ordered our meals. Just a small criticism in regards to the cocktails.....as the waiter put the Cocktail tree on the table he knocked the drinks and spilt quite a bit out of one of the glasses. Whilst they mopped up the mess they didn’t re-place the drink which I thought was quite unprofessional.

Anyhow setting that aside we proceeded to order our meals. We hadn’t been told we would have to order off a set menu which upset a few guests as the set menu was obviously more limited. However, the manager was more than obliging and allowed a number of our party to order off the a la carte menu.

I have to say the food was absolutely delicious and could not be faulted. Considering we were a large party every course was brought out at the same time so we could all eat together and was extremely hot. I would go as far to say as it is one of the nicest meals I’ve had for a long time.

I felt like the prices for the set menu were extremely reasonable considering we were in Manchester. It was just short of £19 for two courses and £25 for three courses.

Would I visit this restaurant again? Absolutely without a shadow of a doubt I really enjoyed the food and the setting.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

The food was unbelievable, the staff were so freindly. 10/10 and would definitely go again, probably one of my favourite places to eat.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant