“Taste of asia”
Review of Peck & Yard

Peck & Yard
Ranked #12 of 2,500 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$9 - US$33
Description: Peck & Yard is the first Pan-Asian Chicken Shack in Manchester and We are proud to be serving some succulent oriental spices fried chicken with different varieties of Pan-Asian sauces.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came for lunch today with my mum. Had chicken wings with salt and pepper fries. Adobe sauce which was delicious with a slight kick and melayu sauce which is a Malaysian satay. Both so good. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's a lovely atmosphere. Would highly recommend. Takeaway is available.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great little place with very enthusiastic and friendly staff serving chicken & fries with a variety of sauces , I really like being able to select which cut of chicken I prefer ( thigh) and then adding a sauce - I went for the satay which is great . It’s licensed and we ordered a bottle of white wine which was very very good - wasn’t expecting that tbh!
The food is super tasty and well priced and the atmosphere is very friendly so I’ll definitely be back . Currently they only take cash which is a pain - need to get a card machine guys!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Came here for lunch as a large table and had a great meal - felt it was a great alternative and something a bit different to your typical Nandos. The restaurant is small but accommodated our table (of 10 including high chairs very comfortably). Now to the food... The chicken was cooked really well, very crispy and succulent, the thighs were our tables favourite. We also went for the feast option and was not disappointed with the sauces - good variety of sauces for the kids and adults. Will be back here again.

1  Thank Carmen L
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend ordered the cauliflower wings with Katsu sauce, and salt and pepper chips.
I order the cauliflower wings with Koreana sauce, and crispy noodles.

The cauliflower wings were great! They make a great substitute for fried chicken.

The katsu sauce was delicious and the salt and pepper chips were lovely too. The salt and pepper chips were more like salt and pepper fries which was a nice change from your stereotypical Chinese version.

The koreana sauce was great too, however I’d recommend ordering rice as your side if you get this sauce as it too rich for the crispy noodles. The sauce itself tasted quite close to hoisin sauce but spicier and a thinner consistency.

The food, the service and the restaurant itself was great and we will definitely be back.

The only thing we would have preferred is glass/metal/no straws to plastic straws in the drinks, and no plastic cups as well. But the restaurant is very new so hopefully more eco-friendly alternatives will be used in time :)

1  Thank Michae1_H
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve been here the last two weekends. Great food, great staff. I’ll be making it the third weekend in a row, next weekend.