All reviews cricket ground cricket fan pitch view room pitch side tram stop cricket match cricket stadium cafe nero international cricket balcony overlooking sky sports on the tv stayed here great hotel eggs cooked to order chicken club king room salford quays
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel was faultless for me and my husband and made our trip to Manchester perfect.

It is clean, efficient, friendly, welcoming and reasonably priced.

Two large lifts were perfect for a wheelchair and even though we didn't book an accessible room, our room was just accessible enough for the chair, although this room wouldn't have been suitable for a wheelchair to move around in and access the bathroom etc. We were however offered a transfer to an accessible room but that only had one double bed and unfortunately we need separate beds.(preferably double!!!)

The shower in our room was perfect, and I'm a very fussy shower user! There was no shower stool and it would have been useful to have been able to borrow one from reception, but that's a minor detail. It is a large, walk in, efficient, clean, power shower with a non slippery floor and is designed so that the rest of the bathroom doesn't end up flooded. The tap was easy to turn on and adjust too. This is always a consideration when you have difficulty with such things.

The beds were very comfortable and the room clean and quiet. Equipped with a desk, TV and all the usual necessities. A small fridge made it easy to store medication and a safe was also available.

Pleasant and happy domestic staff made us feel very welcome when we passed them in the corridors in the mornings. Always a sign of a happy staff I feel.

Breakfast was included in our stay and it was also superb. A good choice of hot and cold food which was all very good quality. I particularly enjoyed the tasty sausages and the porridge. The breakfast staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating with the wheelchair.

The checkout area is light and welcoming and the desk staff were all friendly and professional too. Manchester is known for having friendly people, so to have such friendly, happy and yet still very professional staff on the front desk is a credit to Manchester too. When we checked out the staff could not have been nicer and more helpful and we honestly felt like we had stayed with friends or family.

The large, free and safe car park was perfect and provided us with peace of mind and easy access for the wheelchair.

We will most definitely being staying here again if we visit Manchester and we can't recommend this hotel enough. I can't think of any negatives which is unusual for me!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
MichaelH15422, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear lilmissmuffet2016

Thank you for your positive review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Emirates Old Trafford.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we are pleased that the Hotel staff made your stay most comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future for another enjoyable visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

The balcony of my room opened into old Trafford cricket stadium and it was just amazing.

It is a very comfortable hotel, otherwise. Close to tram which takes you directly into the city centre. The rooms were clean n tidy up to standard Hilton standards.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Shravi

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future for another enjoyable visit to Manchester.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my wife as a birthday celebration. Staff were brilliant , all the staff were great especially Abid at breakfast time . Room was excellent with a great view of the ground. Well recommended !!!

Dear Lozbozz

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you in particular, for your comments about Abid, on our Breakfast team. It is always a pleasure to receive praise for members of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future for another enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

The King room was the right size for a travelling couple with suitcases. The free guest laundry on the first floor, next to the gym, was a bonus. The big plus for me was the very welcoming staff, and the breakfast in the ground floor restaurant. Would recommend the breakfast upgrade when booking a stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichaelH15422, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Gimme-a-break50

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Not sure why this hotel has received so many great reviews, maybe we caught them on a bad day.....
When booking, I was under the impression I was coming to a 4 star hotel. The thought of staying in a room overlooking the cricket ground with an outside balcony, was appealing.
I now understand the hotel is graded somewhere between a 3 and a 4 star grading.
Based on our stay yesterday, I would struggle to give it 3 star rating.
Having booked a reservation, I read on TripAdvisor that not all rooms have baths. As a bath lover (I loathe showers), I called the hotel and insisted our room was bath and not shower. Oh yes, no problem I was assured.

On our arrival, we were allocated a room with shower. I explained I had specifically requested a room with bath. Receptionist said none available, you must have got spoken to our customer service people rather than our staff. Grrrr.

I stomped my feet at this. The receptionist politely stood her ground. I then upped my complaint a gear and then the receptionist backed down and found us a room, pitch facing with a shower, plus 2 drink voucher to be used at the bar. Thank you.

Room (310) turned out to be Premier Inn type style with a ridiculously small bathroom. The water for our baths was slightly above lukewarm. The other issue with the bathroom/toilet area, is that the door is a sliding one with a lock. Our door would not slide across far enough for the lock to be enabled.

The hotel does not provide a morning newspaper ordering service. No great problem really until I asked the evening shift receptionist where the nearest paper shop was. He didn't know!!

We used our free compensation vouchers for the bathroom balls up. The bar area is comfortable and spacious, but unfortunately lacking in atmosphere.

And so to breakfast.... It never ceases to amaze me how so many hotels just simply ignore customer needs at this time of day. If you are going to operate a pre cooked breakfast experience, where the client selects their items, pours their own hot drinks and makes their own toast in one of those ridiculous revolving toasters, then it obviously stands to reason that one or two of those items are going to grow cold and tasteless whilst you prepare the others.

As a consequence, my breakfast was bland and frankly, poor in quality and flavour. Breakfast is served from 6:30am. I arrived at 6:40 and already the scrambled egg was dying under the heated lights and the bacon was already curling at the edges. And don't start me off on what the baked beans looked like.

The breakfast experience was barely worthy of a 2 star rating.

However, the hotel left it's best until last. I had breakfasted alone as my partner prefers to lie in. Check out is at 12pm. At 8:40am, a member of the housekeeping team entered our room (without knocking) and when I asked what the hell she was doing, turned round and left without any offer of an apology. Her interruption woke my partner and from then onwards, we couldn't wait to quit this average and way overrated hotel.

We visit Manchester a couple of times a year, all trips involving at least a 1 night stay. We won't be staying at this place again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MichaelH15422, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Manchester Emirates Old Trafford, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear jimmylox

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn, Emirates Old Trafford.

Having reviewed your comments, we have been able to ascertain which room you occupied and subsequently identify the issues which were experienced. It is most regrettable that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns upon leaving the Hotel.

It is clear from your review that there were service issues which meant your expectations were not met - this again is most regrettable, but please be assured that these matters have been shared with the team so that any lessons may be learnt.

For the benefit of yourselves and future readers, we trust that the high volume of positive reviews about the Hotel team and our facilities, offer readers a balanced view of the efforts the Hotel staff make.
The Hilton Garden Inn brand is a focussed-service product offering, providing comfortable accommodation at an affordable price.

It is unfortunate on this particular occasion that we were not able to meet your expectations from the outset.

We appreciate your comments and your wish not return to our Hotel, however should the opportunity present itself we would be delighted to demonstrate and more befitting and enjoyable stay on a future visit.