“Solid Caribbean”
Review of Jerk Shack NQ

Jerk Shack NQ
Ranked #19 of 148 Quick Bites in Manchester
Reviewed 28 January 2018

After my preferred West Indian eatery changed hands and due to it's proximity to my apartment, I decided to try the aptly named Jerk Shak. In keeping with the street food trend, the interior is very modest. I opted for the mutton curry with rice n peas. It also came with creamy, but forgettable coleslaw. Portions were in keeping with the cuisine; generous and hearty. The dish was better than average but not mind-blowingly good. I'll happily give them my custom again but the search for a staple Carribean continues.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

No frills, benches and tables, lively, fabulous slow cooked mutton curry, rice and beans, fresh creamy coleslaw: cheap and generous.
Highly recommend

1  Thank perfectstranger1962
Reviewed 19 January 2018

was in Manchester called in for a bowl of soup at £3.50 a large bowl,piping hot and so so tasty.i thanked the chef I think he said it was a 'red pea'soup,though it had loads of potatoes,carrots chicken and a dark meat.

1  Thank Mike L
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I’ll be honest as I said to the guy behind the counter, I was very apprehensive. Walking past, hungry and cold. It smelt amazing. So I decided to give it a try. The food was absolutely amazing! Tasty. Flavourful. VERY reasonably priced. Would definitely recommend and will definitely be going back! I had the jerk chicken with dumpling and spicy sweet corn fritter. Delicious!

1  Thank Jamspastic
Reviewed 1 January 2018 via mobile

Love this place a street food kind of place the jerk chicken was beautiful and will be definitely visiting again soon to try other food on the Manu definitely recommend

1  Thank michaelwO8606HT