“Good basic pizza and drinks spot”

The Laundrette Manchester
Ranked #78 of 2,481 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$6 - US$64
Reviewed 10 January 2018

Enjoyed the food! Service was very nice. It was a loud atmosphere, not the best for catching up with my family but I'm sure other clientele appreciate the music. Wild boar meatballs are a must try!

Reviewed 10 January 2018

We ordered a BBQ sharing platter, a chicken burger with fries, a beef burger with sweat potato fries, 2 wines (1 large, 1 small), 2 old fashions and 2 lagers- £64 (food was 50% off)

BBQ sharing platter was mostly cold, the wings were nice but cold.
Mushrooms in polenta was dry boring and cold, even the salad that came with it was dry. Calamari was cold, tartare sauce was good so saved it. Garlic doughballs were boring and dry, probably because they were more doughball than garlic.
Ribs were warm and good.

Chicken burgers was hot which was a good start but i think my napkin was thicker. I know there are breasts of different sizes but in this instance size matters. Fries are fries, you couldn't mess that up.

Beef burger was good, hot and the sweet potato fries were good. 1 out of 3.

Old fashions looked good and tasted nice. Wine was good. The house lager (insert cool name) is the taste of lager £4.50 for non-descript lager. My advice would be pay 50p more for Poretti rather than tasteless lager.

The only saving grace for me is we only paid £21.50 for Food rather than £43.

The waitress was good, nothing good or bad. I felt sorry for her as she managed to serve everybody in the restaurant/bar single handed.

I fear that this is a place with good cocktails, trendy that thinks it needs to do food so does it badly. Picking american/british classics to play safe but even managed to fall short of that.

I will defend the restaurant, it was a 21:00 reservation (but that is not really an excuse for standards to drop), so perhaps the time had something to do with the lackluster performance.
It is a trendy bar and having visited the Chorlton Laundrette last year, it seemed a safe bet. Trendy decor, safe food options for all people in the party, cocktails and beer.

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Very nice restaurant ,the food was delicious and the service was 5 stars .Thanks to Mark our waiter for a lovely evening

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Went here for a small birthday dinner. Just 8 of us.
Service was good, the place looks nice and has a good roomy layout.
Half of us liked the food, and the other half didn’t. I was one of the half that didn’t.
Nearly £15 for half a fish that tasted bland, with a handful of fat chips, which were definitely not triple cooked. And a dollop of home made tartar sauce that tasted odd.

Overall the place isn’t bad, prices are just above average. Staff are friendly and attentive. But for me the food could be better.
Ps the burgers are cooked better at the one in Chorlton.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Very enjoyable experience. Interesting cocktails imaginatively presented. None we didn't like.
Service deserves a special mention. It was really very good indeed.Wide knowledge of the cocktails on offer.Very helpful and welcoming. Well worth a visit.