“Nice rooms but noisy”

Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South
Ranked #30 of 120 Hotels in Manchester
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed here for business for 4 nights in march 2012. My room overlooked a road junction and this made it very noisy. The rooms were good and the heating worked but I had a problem with the free 30minute wifi which I never managed to get fixed. We used company provided transport to get from the airport to the hotel so can't comment on costs for that. I contacted the hotel by email on my return home to raise my concerns but despite having been a guest for 4 nights they have no record of my visit. Another member of our party did also complain about the noise. The hotel was nice but the noise spoiled it I'm afraid.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank fatnchoi
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

Many thanks for the review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and we do guarantee this. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of service in all our establishments and we do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Your comments regarding the traffic noise have been noted and will be duly followed up by both our Customer Services Team and the Management team at this hotel.Thank your also for your feedback regarding Wi-Fi, please be assured your comments will be passed to our Marketing department. Once again thank you for your review, we do hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My wife and I booked one night at this hotel prior to our international flight from the nearby airport the next day. For the special offer price of £29, we expected a few rough edges but nothing could be further from the truth. The room was spacious, comfortable and quiet and the food from an extensive menu good quality and reasonably priced. It is a long time since I saw so many smiling faces among staff who genuinely wanted to make the stay as pleasant as possible. One of the receptionists went "the extra mile" when I asked how to get to the nearby airpark to leave our car, by printing off detailed instructions from the "in house" computer. We were expecting a routine night in a "chain" hotel but came away feeling we had stayed at a good quality independent. Can't praise the place enough.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Avaser
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We stayed a night at the Premier Inn as we needed to get an early flight.

Room excellent standard, restaurant good food. Staff friendly and helpful.

We would definitely stay here again.

The shuttle service to the airport is good value and reliable at £3 per person. We had booked a cab (Wilmslow cabs) but they never showed up. Good job the shuttle bus was there. My advice would be don't book your own taxi, but use the shuttle bus from the airport to the hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure - our room was fine. First floor, over looking main road, but no noise due to insulation, s...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RobskiStaffs
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is a fantastic hotel, I believe the hotel says every things premier but the price. I couldn't agree more.
Fantastic reception staff in terms on service and efficiency. Comfortable beds for the price, very spacious rooms, very clean. Reliable shuttle to the airport every 30 mins (£3 but a taxi is £6)

Already stayed twice this month and would chose this as my airport hotel of choice.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Benjamin86
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed in this hotel for one night in september 2011 before flying out to orlando. The hotel was modern, clean and comfortable. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice and resonably priced. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone flying out from manchester.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma C
Travellers also viewed these Manchester hotels
0.1 km away
1.6 km away
Hilton Manchester Airport
Hilton Manchester Airport
#59 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane South? Share your experiences!