“Terrible service and atmosphere!”
Review of Peking Court - CLOSED

Peking Court
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We went to Peking court on the off chance as the buffet we wanted was closed, NEVER AGAIN!

After being told where to sit by a very nasty bad mannered waitress, We were seated practically hidden away in the corner of an empty resteraunt. After being seated the waitress just walked away never asked us if we wanted drinks and after waiting 15 minutes we had to go to the counter ourselves and order them.

When we eventually went up to the buffet for food, there was a large selection of food to choose from which was good, but most of which was cold, the plates were chipped and stained and some foods looked as though they had been there for hours!

Once we had eaten our first plate we expected our plates to be taken as in other buffet resteraunts we had been to previously, bit the waitress just cleaned other tables around us and stood about looking as though she had nothing to do, so when we had been to get more food we could hardly fit the plates on our table die to others still being there, the waitress watched us struggle and still did nothing. Only after saying something to her after seein her clear plates from another diners table did she eventually move them.

Overall a poor experience at Peking court and I will not be returning anytime soon, we were asked to pay as soon as we walked through the door before we were even seated which I hate and the service through out was terrible! The place itself looks dated and unclean and was not a nice place to dine what so ever!

Reviewed 4 February 2012

awful! awful! awful!

Can you believe this restaurant increased their prices from the usual £8.50 to £10.50 on Chineese New Year Celebrations day (sunday)

They just stuck a hand written A4 piece of paper over the usual menu on the A board outside. I just wish we had spotted it on the way in and removed it

The maitre d' was rude, treating all customers like it was a cattle market and making people share tables. Dirty big grey toat crates all over full of used plates.
When i asked for straws gfor the children i was told i would have to go to the bar and get them.

The service was terrible.
If you are thinking. Really dont bother.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Had spent the morning giving my newly turned 18 year old Son an additional birthday treat, needed somewhere simple & tasty to eat lunch, as the ages of our group were from just turned 4 upwards. Had never been to a buffet restaurant before, as never fancied it & never saw the need personally, but decided this was an easy thing to do knowledge of the prices beforehand & no need to book was a great deciding factor.

Having looked on the internet for a good Chinese one, We found lots of bad reviews for most of them, but Peking Court came out as top of my preference list (attended my first College near here, on Princess Street, & Chinese food reminds me of my old friends & bunking off...getting into trouble with the principle lol) enough digressions! Their website was superior, & on arrival, so was the greeting - much fuss made of the children.

Peking Court was the first Chinese buffet in the City, & It's certainly not lost any of its pride in providing good service over the years. The restaurant was rather full but we were all seated at a huge banqueting table together. The food was very good, the range of starters, mains, & desserts was vast & fresh - the first time I've eaten cake with cream in a Chinese restaurant haha, but the old staple of fried banana with syrup was on offer also, as well as fresh fruits.

When we were all duly sated or 'fat & happy' as I'm wont to say lol, & had paid our bill, we stood & were getting ready to leave when the lady who had greeted us, told us that the dragons were about to come in, & the children wouldn't want to miss it! The Chinese New Year celebrations were in full swing this being the first weekend after Monday's herald to the New Year of the Dragon. They duly did, we left with them & danced on the steps - the kids were very pleased!

Although very busy, all staff were polite in the extreme, & the personal detail of the lady thinking of our children astounded me. Also fond farewells as we left with the dragons basically escorting us (quite coincidentally) down the street to our car, then we drove out of town with them - a simply magical end to a pretty cosmic day!

Ps I don't even like chocolate cake ordinarily, but the one here was lovely, soft, light, moist & fresh. All the food & service, totally surpassed my expectations after what I'd read in regard to other buffet establishments.

Thankyou Peking Court....we shall return :D xx

2  Thank iloveDumfries
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Great food for a sit down dinner, treat yourself to a relaxing meal and drink, without making a big hole in your pocket, more money for shopping . . . enjoy . . .

1  Thank Babes_and_co
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We were the first one's in, £9.50 each very reasonable. Excluding drinks.
If you don't like chinese food try it once at this restaraunt.
There was plenty of choice, Food was warm and palletable. My only sour point is the chocolate sauce to go with the banana balls was very thin.