“Lovely B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chipping Campden
Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 3 July 2013

My friend and I had comfortable room with a beautiful view. Roger and Leslie are wonderful hosts: warm, helpful, yet not pushy. Ideal! Great breakfast! What really sold me was the beautiful
English cottage garden. After a busy day sight -seeing we sat in the garden and listened to the small stream and the birds while surrounded by flowers. It doesn't get any better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mary T
There are newer reviews for Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed 21 June 2013

The B&B is in the village of Chipping Campden. For walkers a very nice place to stay. friendly people. Nice room whith vieuw on the street. Quiet alse. And the brakfest is exelent. the owner and his wife wil help you whith anything you ask. a must on the Cotswold way.

Room Tip: Rooms here are very quiet also on the front site of the house
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wilfried d
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Spotless room and bathroom.
Excellent breakfast.
Quiet location but only 2 mins to High Street, with plenty of pubs and restaurants to choose from.
Wifi available.
Could not be faulted.
Chipping Campden is well situated in the heart of the Cotswolds, close to other lovely villages and towns.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin N
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I had single occupancy of a double en-suite room at Stonecroft and I can 100% recommend it to anyone. We were a group of about 15 walkers staying at various places around the town and I think I got very lucky!!
From the moment I arrived Roger and Lesley couldnt have been more helpful - without being 'in your face'. Roger carried my bag up to the room for me and explained where everything was - in the b&b and in the town. I really can't understand one reviewer's comment about the carpet! It looks lovely and would you go upstairs in your own house with muddy shoes on?? Why do it in a b&b?
I really liked the fact that I could order my breakfast in the morning (which is what we do at our b&b in the Peak District!). It is one of my pet hates to have to order breakfast the previous afternoon. Roger was also very accommodating about breakfast time - it was my choice really, what a luxury!
There was a good array of cereals, tinned and fresh fruit, then I had bacon (lovely - British not Danish) and scrambled egg (beautifully light and fluffy) with wholemeal toast and proper cafetiere coffee. I felt very relaxed, not at all rushed. The communal table was good for me as I had very interesting chats with 3 different sets of guests on the 3 mornings I was there.
My room was spotlessly clean with a very good shower, a good selection of toiletries and clean towels every day. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with crisp white linen. I slept like a baby!! The room was cleaned beautifully each day.
Stonecroft is a modern house with good double glazed windows so although my room was on the front of the house it was very very quiet. I think it is a fairly quiet road anyway.
There is a fantastic garden at the side and back of the house which would have been lovely to sit out in if it had been a little warmer!!
The one small niggle (although not enough to take a away my 5* rating) is that, to boil the kettle, I had to put it on the floor. It would be nice to have a table, maybe with an extension as it could be difficult for some less mobile guests (and I'm 62!)
All in all a very relaxing weekend and, if I was returning to Chipping Campden, I would head straight for Stonecroft.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Martha H
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I recently stayed for one night at Stonecroft and was very pleased. The B&B is so close to the main street however you feel like you are in a quite nieghbourhood area. Perhaps the thing that impressed me the most was the size of the room and bathroom. My friends and I stayed in quite a few B&B's during our UK trip and Stonecroft was the only one where I didn't feel squashed or cramped. I felt like I was in my own bathroom at home with plenty of space. The hosts were lovely and gave me lots of useful information about the local area. As for the other reviewer's comments about carpet colour - off course, as with your own house, you want to take care of the carpet!! I didn't need to take off my shoes as it had been quite dry but would have certainly done so as a common courtesy as I would in anyone's home for any carpet colour. I was going to stay in Painswick but am extremely glad that I stayed at Stonecroft in Chipping Campden - much more interesting area and great value for money. I highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
0.4 km away
Eight Bells Inn
Eight Bells Inn
#6 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to Stonecroft Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!