1,217 results
All reviewsjunior suitefig restauranthot tubturn down servicesteam roommood lightingsorbetsmall poolhomemade cookiescottage roomeggs benedictbreakfast serviceprivate gardenhuge baththe cottagesbottle of champagneno lift
Reviewed 18 September 2017

Wonderful to be welcomed to Hotel and receive an upgrade as we were celebrating 40 years of marriage. Complimentary fruit, and hand made biscuits were a delight as well as complimentary magazines. The use of the spa was very relaxing and most enjoyable. Dinner in The Bistro on the square was delicious, excellent service and lovely Happy Anniversary plate of hand made chocolates made it even more special. Breakfast was finest ingredients with lots of choice. The staff at the Hotel made the weekend a calm relaxing experience. Beautiful Hotel set in beautiful surroundings. Will go back again.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I don't get the hoopla over Chipping Campden or this hotel. Other Cotswold towns were prettier and our other hotels were nicer even though less expensive. First impression of the Cotswold House lobby was ever so slightly shabby like a family B & B, certainly not what you expect for £197. We booked a superior room type but the first room they assigned us was up three long flights of stairs and did not have heat, or even a working heat source. A baffling disappointment that left a bad taste when they were not full and easily able to reassign us a newly decorated, much nicer room. The best thing at the Cotswold House is the spa pool, which is lovely and heated warm as baby's bath water. If you must stay right in Chipping Campden, Cotswold House looks to be the nicest hotel in town but I found country house hotels more enjoyable. The streets roll up by 6 PM and the only closeby restaurants open for dinner were at the three hotels congregated there on High Street. Even though it was a rainy Monday night, if you didn't have a reservation you had to wait.

Room Tip: The separate building out back called the Cottage has nicer, newly redone, spacious rooms.
2  Thank KingstonPike
Reviewed 17 September 2017

My wife and I celebrated a BIG anniversary in this hidden gem of a place !! We could not have been more delighted ! From the friendly receptionist, who announced an upgrade to a magnificent suite, to the incomparable tasting menu and 5 star table service and concluding with an excellent breakfast - we had a wonderful stay in Cotswold House.
The highlight was the cuisine and wine list ! Immaculately presented, adventurous cooking that was "edgy", rich in usual flavours and immensely satisfying. The personal visit by the chef to the table added to the experience.
I would very happily commend this delightful hotel to anyone wanting a quiet stay in the charm of the Cotswolds.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

One night stop over for work. My room was upgraded as the key for my room originally allocated could not be found. The rooms are very spacious with a lovely patio area (I had a ground floor room). It became a little stuffy during the night but there is no small window to open and not really practical to open the patio door.

I ate in the restaurant, which wasn't busy, maybe 4 or 5 of us to start with but there was a long wait for food and when it did arrive it was over-cooked and a little hard. There was also a very long wait for desert (lemon tart). The two course meal all took around 2 hours.

Breakfast is self service buffet style but there wasn't any staff around to inform you of that and you're left to work it out for yourself.

Having said that, the staff were friendly and the rooms lovely and I would definitely stay here again, maybe dine elsewhere though!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Second visit to this hotel to meet dear friends. Looks
Completely refreshed to a superb country house with a very warm welcome at reception. Room was incredibly spacious, I stayed in a cottage room with an enormous bathroom. Only wish I was staying longer! Prebooked dinner in their new restaurant called Fig, very professional, polite and welcoming service, exceptional and believed I was in a 3 star Michelin restaurant it was that good. They presented lots of visual delights which stood up in the taste. Lots of surprise courses too! Highly recommend as did my friends who were on route to Blenheim horse trials.
Will definitely recommend to friends and will also plan to return hopefully soon.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends