Charingworth Manor(Chipping Campden)
Norton Grounds(Chipping Campden)
US$179
Badgers Hall(Chipping Campden)
  • Breakfast included
Cotswold House Hotel & Spa(Chipping Campden)
TripAdvisor
Eight Bells Inn(Chipping Campden)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
The Seagrave Arms(Chipping Campden)
TripAdvisor
Red Lion Inn(Chipping Campden)
Manor Farm(Chipping Campden)
1,156 results
All reviewscoffee shopcurrysister hotellovely hotelaward winningpublic areasfour posterhigh streetplenty of hot watercakesfamily roomold buildingevening mealshort breakfull englishstayed here for one nightboth nights
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've stayed 2 nights in the most amazing room. It was a blend of old and new, which really made the stay memorable. Very friendly staff that are willing to help you with everything that you need and the food is very tasty.I highly recommend that you stay in this place and try the food. You will have a great time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank catalinpetrariu
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I am so ashamed, there were 3 of us and none if us can remember the name of the absolutely lovely man that booked us into the hotel, even though we asked him several times and had settled on several different phonic interpretations to do so. Anyway - apologies to the lovely Hungarian man on reception and we are all so, so sorry. You were the main attraction - sweet, funny, welcoming and accommodating. We will remember you the most. You are a delight.

The hotel also has a coffee bar/tea room open throughout the day which was absolutely superb and some of the best cakes you will see in the Cotswolds.

We stayed in the feature room which was great. Personally, had I been given the room that my niece from Australia was allocated, I would have been really, really disappointed. It was situated to the side and back of the hotel - small but clean but lacked complete character. I was grateful the feature room was available otherwise, I would have been really, really disappointed. Her room was mediocre and to me, would have been overpriced for what it was. Very overpriced. My advice is, if you care about things like this, make sure you ask for an older, character room.

We ate dinner which there - the staff were lovely and food was good. Breakfast, was slow but that is absolutely fine if you are not in a hurry. We were in the corner and there for 20 minutes without being asked if we wanted tea or coffee. The breakfast order was finally taken at the same time as the tea and coffee order and then everything turned up together at breakneck speed, causing a lot of fiddling and fussing around on the table to find space for everything. I don't mean this as a criticism really - the 'head' chap was very nice but I am just pointing out that had you been in a hurry, or cared about being put in a corner and ignored, then let this be a learning curve. We weren't in a hurry and it didn't bother us that much but had you been, it was a potential issue for 'bad press.' It opens up an opportunity to criticise the staff which would be a shame because they were doing their best. For some, I realise that 'doing their best' is not a legitimate argument when you are paying for a service but it is up to the individual to make that call.

Room Tip: ask for a character room if that is important to you
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Ideally situated in the Cotswolds, close to Moreton on Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Stratford upon Avon and Bourton under Water. The hotel is well appointed and in keeping with the age of the property. Off road parking and a decent restaurant on site.
Only one drawback. ..all the floorboards creak which became annoying and noisy. The staff were very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms en suite but a larger room always helps.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have stayed 1 night...just 1 night.....Oh, my god...I miss there.Because it was very cozy and quiet.I checked in and had a nice room in front of back garden.We love this room,spent my time all day.Then we had hot meal at dinner table.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JandHOkuda
Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel is right I the centre of Campden ideally located to enjoy the lovely market town. We ate in the restaurant both evenings and the food was excellent, the Black Lamb Curry is as good as any curry I have ever eaten. Breakfast was also a very good, the Full English was tasty, filling and not greasy in any way. The hotel even provided us woth a picnic lunch that was fresh and very welcome after walking up to Broadway Tower. Campden has many good places to eat and the Noel Arms is one of the best in my view.

Staff were friendly, helpful and made us feel very welcome. They provided us with some maps of walks in and around Campden which allowed us to make the most of our stay. The hotel also welcomes well behaved dogs, it was lovely to be able to take our pooch with us and he enjoyed the walks even more than we did.

Our room was in the original part of the building, it was plenty big enough and had everything we needed, it looked out on to the main street but we did not have any issues with road noise.

The only negatives I can find are that our bathroom door needs to be adjusted as closing it was a challenge and on Friday night there was a bit of noise in our room from the bar which is directly below the room we were in but not enough to stop me having a good night's sleep in a very comfortable bed.

The hotel is officially 3 stars, I have stayed in many hotels with more stars that are not a patch on the Noel Arms.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple