“Quaint hotel with friendly staff ”
Review of Noel Arms Hotel

Noel Arms Hotel
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel for a one night stay for a friend's wedding. Price seemed about average for the area.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, very sweet with our little girl. They all made the effort to chat to her. Breakfast was tasty, arrived quickly and there was plenty of it.

Our room was ideal, nice and big with two large windows looking out onto the high street. The bathroom was lovely and it was great to get a decent shower, especially in such an old building. Only complaint is that my side of the bed was pretty hard (my husband kindly swapped!)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,077)

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I've stayed 2 nights in the most amazing room. It was a blend of old and new, which really made the stay memorable. Very friendly staff that are willing to help you with everything that you need and the food is very tasty.I highly recommend that you stay in this place and try the food. You will have a great time.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank catalinpetrariu
Reviewed 2 September 2017

I am so ashamed, there were 3 of us and none if us can remember the name of the absolutely lovely man that booked us into the hotel, even though we asked him several times and had settled on several different phonic interpretations to do so. Anyway - apologies to the lovely Hungarian man on reception and we are all so, so sorry. You were the main attraction - sweet, funny, welcoming and accommodating. We will remember you the most. You are a delight.

The hotel also has a coffee bar/tea room open throughout the day which was absolutely superb and some of the best cakes you will see in the Cotswolds.

We stayed in the feature room which was great. Personally, had I been given the room that my niece from Australia was allocated, I would have been really, really disappointed. It was situated to the side and back of the hotel - small but clean but lacked complete character. I was grateful the feature room was available otherwise, I would have been really, really disappointed. Her room was mediocre and to me, would have been overpriced for what it was. Very overpriced. My advice is, if you care about things like this, make sure you ask for an older, character room.

We ate dinner which there - the staff were lovely and food was good. Breakfast, was slow but that is absolutely fine if you are not in a hurry. We were in the corner and there for 20 minutes without being asked if we wanted tea or coffee. The breakfast order was finally taken at the same time as the tea and coffee order and then everything turned up together at breakneck speed, causing a lot of fiddling and fussing around on the table to find space for everything. I don't mean this as a criticism really - the 'head' chap was very nice but I am just pointing out that had you been in a hurry, or cared about being put in a corner and ignored, then let this be a learning curve. We weren't in a hurry and it didn't bother us that much but had you been, it was a potential issue for 'bad press.' It opens up an opportunity to criticise the staff which would be a shame because they were doing their best. For some, I realise that 'doing their best' is not a legitimate argument when you are paying for a service but it is up to the individual to make that call.

Room Tip: ask for a character room if that is important to you
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Charlotte S
Reviewed 25 August 2017

Ideally situated in the Cotswolds, close to Moreton on Marsh, Stow on the Wold, Stratford upon Avon and Bourton under Water. The hotel is well appointed and in keeping with the age of the property. Off road parking and a decent restaurant on site.
Only one drawback. ..all the floorboards creak which became annoying and noisy. The staff were very efficient and friendly.

Room Tip: All rooms en suite but a larger room always helps.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bryan M
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We have stayed 1 night...just 1 night.....Oh, my god...I miss there.Because it was very cozy and quiet.I checked in and had a nice room in front of back garden.We love this room,spent my time all day.Then we had hot meal at dinner table.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5.8 km away
The Broadway Hotel
The Broadway Hotel
#5 of 6 in Broadway

Been to Noel Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!