“Friendly Cotswold Break”
Review of The Seagrave Arms

The Seagrave Arms
Reviewed 2 November 2017

We stayed overnight in one of the rooms in the converted stables (I think they were stables, anyway it was a converted outbuilding). It was warm, quiet, well decorated and maintained - just what we needed after a hectic day. We were made to feel welcome; the food and drink were great and the price better than you would expevt for the Cotswolds. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Have to say I was a little worried about our stay when I read some of the reviews. However I'm delighted to say the reviews are wrong. We stayed Sunday to Wednesday so can comment on food and service in general.
After a long drive we were met by Fergus who was great. Told us everything we needed to know and showed us our room. Ate in the pub that night and the food was beautiful. Again service brilliant.
As well as the breakfast buffet there is a marvellous hot breakfast included and we can highly recommend the Cotswold breakfast or salmon.
Many reviews comment on minor issues such as paintwork and when milk is brought to the room. However when I go to a Cotswold country pub I want food service and great food. Delivers on both and will definitely be returning. Thanks for a fab stay.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a room in the main building specifically using booking.
When I arrived they said they were fully booked and that my booking wasn’t on the main building.
After taking to booking, thanks to them I managed to get my room cancel and they had obviously given the room I booked to
someone else and they were just lying!
Please be very careful because they will try this scam with you and place you in a
Cold barn outside the main building... and then dear to say it is an upgrade!
Millie the manager was incredibly I profesional managing the situation

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hannahb B, Manager at The Seagrave Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Firstly, I do sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused to you when you could not have a specific room. I can assure you, as well as other readers, that this is by no means "a scam" - it was simply a matter of your specific room wishes not being made known to us.
Your booking was for a standard double - due to some guests wishing to extend their stay, you were upgraded to a Superior Double - this room is not "a barn" or even close to it, but a modern, large room in our courtyard, with a superking size bed, stone walls, a wooden floor, it's own heating & power shower.
When booking through a website such as booking.com, you are able to make very specific requests, such as exactly which room it is that you want. There was no such information passed on to us. We would also encourage you to call us directly should you want to make sure you get exactly the room you wish.
I can promise you that we did not, and would not lie to you - I would have happily downgraded you to a small double to have placed you in the main building, however all of our other guests had already checked in, as I had informed you, and your only suggestion was to remove one of them, which of course I was not about to do. I allowed you to cancel your booking with no charge, and suggested you take the matter up with booking.com as we had not received your specific request.
Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience and dissatisfaction caused, and hope that you found somewhere to stay that was more to your liking.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

After reading some good reviews we were more than disappointed in the whole setup.
The same man running the bar and waiting at tables.
Can't complain about the actual cooking but portion control all over the place!
We had the tiniest fillet of Plaice that even the waiter commented on its size! My friend and I had finished our meal in less than a minute! We complained quietly but to no avail.
I really don't know who is in charge here but it's a mess. It seemed like there were only two people in the restaurant, the chef and the barman/waiter who quite honestly had no idea how to take care of diners.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Roz W
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Seagrave Arms during a recent weekend spent in the Cotswolds. The hotel is about. 10-15 minute drive outside of Chipping Campden and offers a wonderfully quiet night's sleep. Staff were really friendly during check in and helpful throughout.

We stayed in the suite, located upstairs in the main building. The room and bathroom were both very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep.

We ate in our evening meal in the restaurant and the food/ wine was delightful. The cooked Cotswold breakfast the following morning was delicious.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3.4 km away
Eight Bells Inn
Eight Bells Inn
#4 of 28 in Chipping Campden

Been to The Seagrave Arms? Share your experiences!