All reviews main building bed cottage busy road fresh milk the pub small menu minute drive cotswold break weekend break evening meal shower gel lovely old building stayed here for one night both nights following morning biscuits full english
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Booked a room in the main building specifically using booking.
When I arrived they said they were fully booked and that my booking wasn’t on the main building.
After taking to booking, thanks to them I managed to get my room cancel and they had obviously given the room I booked to
someone else and they were just lying!
Please be very careful because they will try this scam with you and place you in a
Cold barn outside the main building... and then dear to say it is an upgrade!
Millie the manager was incredibly I profesional managing the situation

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Hannahb B, Manager at The Seagrave Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2017

Firstly, I do sincerely apologise for the disappointment caused to you when you could not have a specific room. I can assure you, as well as other readers, that this is by no means "a scam" - it was simply a matter of your specific room wishes not being made known to us.
Your booking was for a standard double - due to some guests wishing to extend their stay, you were upgraded to a Superior Double - this room is not "a barn" or even close to it, but a modern, large room in our courtyard, with a superking size bed, stone walls, a wooden floor, it's own heating & power shower.
When booking through a website such as booking.com, you are able to make very specific requests, such as exactly which room it is that you want. There was no such information passed on to us. We would also encourage you to call us directly should you want to make sure you get exactly the room you wish.
I can promise you that we did not, and would not lie to you - I would have happily downgraded you to a small double to have placed you in the main building, however all of our other guests had already checked in, as I had informed you, and your only suggestion was to remove one of them, which of course I was not about to do. I allowed you to cancel your booking with no charge, and suggested you take the matter up with booking.com as we had not received your specific request.
Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience and dissatisfaction caused, and hope that you found somewhere to stay that was more to your liking.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Seagrave Arms during a recent weekend spent in the Cotswolds. The hotel is about. 10-15 minute drive outside of Chipping Campden and offers a wonderfully quiet night's sleep. Staff were really friendly during check in and helpful throughout.

We stayed in the suite, located upstairs in the main building. The room and bathroom were both very spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and I had a great night's sleep.

We ate in our evening meal in the restaurant and the food/ wine was delightful. The cooked Cotswold breakfast the following morning was delicious.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

I am a glass half full type of guy.
Fairly easy going and positive in most things.
I generally don't like to moan or badmouth anything however this is one of my very few reviews where I feel the need to have a bit of a winge.
Booking this hotel through Secret escapes (we had previously had very good experiences and quality hotels/accommodation so no reason to doubt anything different).
Firstly location the address is marked as Chipping Campden it is not Chipping Campden, it is Weston Sub Edge...... 3 miles outside Chipping Campden.
Not the end of the world appears to be nice country inn located in small village location.
Hotel generally old in style quirky a little worn but has that cosy country feel.
We had booked the suite which was room number eight, a suite perhaps not a suite but a sofa opposite the the bed, a cosy room with reasonable facilities???
Perhaps a little worn and dated but still not bad really...... waking up after the first night sleep went to make coffee thinking the packet was a coffee bag only to realise it was ground coffee with no cafetiere, rang reception but just an answer phone.
On the first night we had dinner in the restaurant, limited menu but good food, wine perhaps a little overpriced but still very good.
Night night.
Breakfast very good got fresh cafetiere from kitchen to make coffee in room.
Heading up to Evesham for a day of mooching by the river very nice and highly recommended as a day visit.
Returning back from Evesham to find the room had not been how shall I say.....been refreshed, well nothing really still dirty cups used cafetiere and well I need say more.
The restaurant menu was the same as the previous night something I didn't say was there were no specials despite the Pie night being advertised a little disappointing.
We headed into Chipping and found a curry house behind a pub called the Volunteer Inn which was truly magnificent, £9.99 banquet night.
After my comments to reception, well the bar, the room was refurbished while we had a curry in the village.
For a four star rated hotel generally the lack of attention to detail was poor even at breakfast this morning despite asking for two slices of brown toast we only received one with the comment the toaster had fused. On top of that we had already paid our secret escapes room bill yet were charged again.
So much potential yet so let down by the small details.
The one positive very nice lady behind the bar on our first night very chatty good information and also recommended another establishment to eat at call the eight bells there we didn't have time to try that.
The place needs a bit of a makeover and upscaling of quality when it comes to service.
Note to self really check the location of the establishment before booking. The fact that they leave out the village and say Chipping Campden is a bit of a con.
Still a lovely break enjoy in the Cotswolds as ever.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 6 September 2017

This place is simply run down and terrible at giving any good service. The rooms were very drab, the website looks much nicer and plush,but in reality was not worth the money. I had booked for my cousin and her husband for two nights and what a mistake that was. Unless you are reading this review after refurbishment, do not go there.

Stayed: August 2017
3  Thank sbw777
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed for two nights at the Seagrave Arms, August 8th and 9th. All the staff were lovely and we had a very nice meal on the first night, with two friends who live in the area. However, we were in room 2 and I have one or two points to make. On the positive side, the bed was very comfortable and the room was clean and adequate. On the negative side, the ensuite, which was tiny, had no lid to the toilet. The big problem with this was that as it was such a tiny shower room, the only room to place things was the narrow shelf above the toilet. Fears of dropping my toiletries down the loo! I also found this quite unhygienic as I prefer to close the toilet lid before flushing. The other thing was that the hotel leaves a small bottle of milk outside the door at 8 a.m. so although there are tea making facilities in the room, there is no milk until 8 a.m. and if you, like us, tend to wake about 6a.m. this is disappointing. I must add that when we mentioned this for the second night, we were given a small bottle of milk in a bowl of ice cubes to take up with us when we retired to bed. There is no mini-fridge. Also, the hotel was some way from Chipping Campden - a bit farther out than we had thought. But, as I have already said, the staff were all amazing and the breakfast was very good. Hope the toilet lid has been replaced by now!

Room Tip: Room 2 is on corner, some noise from road . Problems with the ensuite already mentioned. No lift and room 2 is upstairs.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple