“Nice Hotel, Comfortable Stay”

Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Doncaster
Oxford, UK
“Nice Hotel, Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night for Doncaster races. The race course is about a 30 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel was very nice and modern. I shared a room with a friend. It was big and spacious with plenty of room for both our suit cases. The bed was large and very comfortable. In the morning we went down for the breakfast buffet. There were lots of options but I just had toast so cannot comment on the cooked breakfast. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Muldr4Scly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Crawley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I dont normally bother with reviews, however I have just arrived home after a stay at the Park Inn and I have to say it was great. Check in was simple, the room was very clean and well maintained and it was no bother to get a new remote for the t.v after the batteries died.
The hotel is set in an industrial area a little out of the town, however this did not bother me. I was happy to see 'Ladies only parking' near to the hotel entrance as I can imagine its a bit dark at night. I had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel. Both of which were very good bar one thing. All the food is homemade and you can tell this from the look and taste, however, I had the burger for dinner and found it a little dry. The staff could not have been apologetic about it, which made me feel I also needed to apologise for complaining hehehe. The chef explained that as it was homemade he probably used a little too much breadcrumb and too little egg - the taste tho was good. I was offered a refund and a drink, but heading to bed, I declined the drink.
Check out again was very easy, and I ordered, via reception a taxi which was prompt. I do have to say that the taxis in Doncaster tho could do with some standards - or at the very least a wash and a vacum!!!!!!!! I will be using this hotel for all my conferences in Doncaster from now on.
Great friendly service....

Room Tip: Smoking areas are just outside hotel, so if, unlike me your a non-smoker, ask to go up a level or tw...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna L
South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Have just retruned from my birthday party at Park Inn.
We had a great time, & the staff were pleasant & helpful. Those of us who stayed over, found the bedrooms clean & comfortable. Breakfast was buffet style, but the cooked breakfast was very good.
Overall, a very enjoyable party weekend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I had a three night stay here on business. The location is very industrial but in the Doncaster area there is not a huge amount of choice so you cannot be too fussy.

The first room I had suffered from very strong cooking smells, and after pointing this out to staff I was moved to a different room for the 2nd and 3rd night. There was quite a big gap between the floor and the bottom of the door so I used a towel to make sure noise from the corridor was reduced.

The room itself was definitely nicer than most budget type hotels, and had a decent TV etc.

All in all ok for if you are on business in Doncaster but pretty uninspiring. Note that the road outside is used for lorries to park overnight and there is comings and goings throughout the night.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Sirbalkansobranie
london
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed at the Park Inn, Doncaster, for a few days while I was on a course. The rooms were clean and the shower was great. There's a kettle & tea/coffee in the room and a hair dryer. My bed was very comfortable and there was no noise issue. The breakfast wasn't the best but the evening meal I had was fine. The hotel is a bit of a distance to the station/town centre. I found the staff to be friendly and efficient.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Darren P, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster, responded to this review, 28 November 2012
Thank you very much for your review of Park Inn by Radisson Doncaster. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and I am pleased that you commented on the cleanliness of the bedrooms. We pride ourselves on having fantastic housekeepers that maintain that the hotel is kept of the highest standard. I hope that you will choose to stay at the hotel again hopefully on your next visit to Doncaster.
Kind regards