We have visited the Holiday Inn Lancaster on many occasions over the last ten years and find it a hotel with good facilities and a relaxing atmosphere......
On this occasion we found the experience comparable to the many times we have stayed before.
Upon arrival we were (as priority club members) offered an upgrade to an executive room (always gratefully accepted!!) by the friendly and professional receptionist, a good start!!
The room was clean, spacious and well equipped (flat screen TV's are a major improvement) and our son made his usual headlong dash for the swimming pool!! Leisure facilities good and clean as ever....and a major reason for our use of this hotel....
Evening pre meal drinks in the bar; served by a pleasant and helpful barman who agrees with me that a better range of beers could be stocked!! (boddies is not that nice!! perhaps a range of bottled beers is better?). The evening meal was pleasant and well presented, though the menu choice is becoming less and less each time we visit (no specials board or local produce) and though good quality is now "Pub grub" of an okay standard.
The breakfast was as expected, plentiful, hot and with plenty of coffee!! (though no scrambled eggs or black pudding!!)
The reason this is not a 5* excellent review? two things.....on check in we ordered 3 newspapers, two copies of the Times and one Daily Mirror... (we both like to do the Times crossword in the morning! a breakfast routine for us..) When i went to reception i was told "only one copy of The Times sorry" and "there is a garage 10 mins down the road" Oh dear...not being a morning person this did not go down well!! and the lack of choice in the restaurant.....
From my perspective an enjoyable stay marred by one silly error and a lack of menu choice....Holiday Inn it is the little things that make a difference!! 4* or 5* review? one newspaper and a few more menu dishes!!
For anyone who has never stayed we recommend this hotel (always ask for a river view room the Lune is lovely!!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Lancaster has reopened with a completely new look. It enjoys an excellent location close to the M6 Jct 34 and with a bus stop at the main entrance makes the historic city of Lancaster easy to visit. The Holiday Inn Lancaster is also located near to the picturesque Lake District and provides a convenient location for day trips to the beautiful Lake Windermere and the attractions of Blackpool. The hotel combines an excellent range of facilities for both business and leisure guests, including Kids Stay and Eat Free*. The hotels facilities include 156 fully air-conditioned bedrooms and 7 fully air-conditioned meeting rooms. Each bedroom and meeting room is also equipped with High speed internet access alongside Wifi in the public areas. Our Conference & Banqueting rooms can facilitate up to 120 people for a meeting and up to 80 people for a Banquet. These 7 modern rooms can cater for all requirements from Training Courses, Boardroom Meetings and Conferences to Weddings and Dinner Dances. Ample car parking is provided complimentary at the hotel. The Holiday Inn Spirit Health and Leisure Club offers a gym, sauna, steam room and a indoor Heated Swimming Pool, in addition to Beauty Therapists and Spa. Our Restaurant, lounge and bar offer dishes from around the world including the famous Holiday Inn breakfast. Both Accessible and family rooms are available at the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Lancaster reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Lancaster Hotel Lancaster
- Lancaster Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Lancaster England