1,565 results
All reviews hot tub open fire university campus luxury studio outdoor jacuzzi leisure facilities steam room reception area bar food lovely hotel excellent facilities wedding party high standard large bathroom buffet style biscuits reception staff
Reviewed 10 November 2018

I had occasion recently to stay at Lancaster House when my central heating system broke down at home. As this meant some upheaval when British Gas came to sort this out I rang LHH on the off chance of finding a room at short notice, and was fortunate to do so. My room was very quiet, warm and comfortable with TV and complimentary tea and coffee. The en-suite, with shower and bath, was well-designed with plenty of shelf space. service was very efficient, although I would have liked a few more vegetarian choices. Staff very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms away from foyer are in a quiet area
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2018

Dear MargaretI21

Thank you for your recent review following your stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I am extremely pleased that we were able to ensure you were well looked after whilst you heating was repaired at home. I have shared your feedback with the team and specifically asked chef to review the current vegetarian offering and adjust it as required.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

Outstanding place, food simply amazing, hard to criticise anything about this venue. I will return and bring my wife next time. Close to the lovely city of Lancaster with the beautiful Lakes not far away

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mcppowe57

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us here at Lancaster House.

I am glad that you have enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming not only yourself but also your wife on your next visit.
If I can be of any assistance in helping to arrange your next visit please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

From the moment we arrived we were greeted by and served by staff who seemed to genuinely enjoy pleasing their guests.

We had booked to watch a local sporting event and several staff on enquiring the nature of our visit showed a real interest and knowledge of the event. We saw the same degree of empathy with a group celebrating a family birthday, another a wedding party, and others on business or just having dinner for the evening.

Whether we were in reception, the bar, restaurant or gym and whatever the time, we saw plenty of staff working in a cheerful and professional manner, something which seems to have dissapeared from the larger chains these days.

Would definitely rebook.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Happiness01092222981

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at Lancaster House.

Sharing feedback about the team to the team is always the most pleasing part of my job and it always has such a positive effect, thank you!
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Enjoyed our stay here. Service was very good and friendly and location was great for visiting the University. I have just one issue...
I ordered a small and a large glass of pinot grigio from the bar. To fulfill the order the barman needed to get another bottle so said he would bring the drinks over. Before he did this he took the payment £16.45 - I was so stunned that I paid without commenting. When he brought the drinks over I said "are you sure about that? I wouldn't pay that in London". He went on to explain that the pinot by the glass in the bar was a premium drink whereas the sauvignon blanc and the chardonnay were much cheaper. I did not order another drink, but later in the restaurant I did order a bottle of pinot for the table - £20 and much nicer. I think they should at least warn you at the bar about the ridiculously priced 'premium' drinks.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear CEL67,

Thank you for your recent review of Lancaster House.

I am obviously pleased to read that in the main you enjoyed your recent stay with us, I am sorry that you encountered the issue with the wine in the bar and although the bar person was correct that the Pinot Grigio served by the glass is a more premium offering than the House wine you ordered in the restaurant and the prices are displayed as per the law at the bar I fully take on board your comment and we will be looking at a suitable way of highlighting this shortly, in the mean time I have asked that the Food & Beverage Manager ensures the team make reference to the wines that are the premium offering when guests are inquiring at the bar.
I do hope that you will visit us again and if I can be of any further assistance in this matter or with arranging a future stay please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

Reviewed 3 November 2018

Stayed for one night on business. Common areas in the hotel are quite nice and well maintained. Rooms are a bit dated, but are clean and comfortable. Restaurant and Bar serve well above average quality food.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Carl H,

I am glad that in the main you enjoyed your time with us and please rest assured we have a rolling bedroom refurbishment program and are constantly updating our bedroom stock. When planning your next stay please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel and I will happily ensure you get to stay in one of the more recently refurbished rooms.