1,527 results
All reviews hot tub open fire university campus luxury studio outdoor jacuzzi leisure facilities reception area steam room leisure club bar food lovely hotel excellent facilities wedding party large bathroom buffet style biscuits reception staff
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Positives - courteous staff, good breakfast, lovely swimming pool, gym etc.
Negatives - Room needed a good clean. There were 'brown' marks scattered around the carpet. No toiletries, just refillable soap and lotion bottles (do not remove). A bottle of water also with a warning not to remove , a toy dog costing £15 should you wish to purchase it (another warning attached).
The room and 'warnings' really put me off this hotel. I have stayed in much nicer places, costing much less per night with similar facilities.
Maybe we were just unlucky with the room but I will not stay here again despite its proximity to the university - I wanted to see if this place would be our only choice when visiting our daughter who will be studying here for the next 4 years. I will need to look a little further afield for a better value establishment.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Dear 186338Jmd,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TA.

I am sorry to read that we have not met your expectations. If at all possible please could you email my Guest Services Manager Cherrie Hargreaves on guestservices.lancaster@englishlakes.co.uk to let her know which room you stayed in and on which date so that she can investigate the items that you have mentioned.

I certainly take your comments on board about the "warnings" and this is something that we can refer back to when looking at new policies and products.

Once again thank you for taking the time to get in touch, it is only through invaluable feedback from our guests that we are able to improve for the benefit of future guests.

Reviewed 24 May 2018

Stayed for 1 night for our wedding anniversary on the recommendation from our friends. Wow, what a gorgeous hotel with amazing, very friendly staff. Nothing too much trouble and all very helpful and smiley. Evening meal and breakfast both excellent. Special thanks to Jon who went over and above all expectations to ensure we had the most perfect stay, we loved every minute! Cannot fault this hotel at all and can’t wait to return! Just perfect xx

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear mjohnson6,

What a fantastic review. Thank you.

I will be sure to pass your comments onto Jon and the team.

We look forward to welcoming to back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

We decided to treat ourselves to a weekend break and booked the City Stay & Seaside Treat with the luxury double suite. We were not disappointed! The staff were all very friendly and helpful, even to the extent of posting back an item of clothing we accidentally left in the room when we left. The suite was fabulous - light, spaceous and comfortable. And the package was good value considering everything it included. Dinner in the hotel on the first night (as part of the package) was tasty and the breakfast buffet was good too. And finishing off the weekend with afternoon tea at the Midland Hotel in Morcombe on the Sunday was a great experience. All in all, it was a thoroughly relaxing break in a beautiful part of the country. I have been recommending the hotel to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Luxury suites are lovely, comfortable spaces
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Fiona H,

Thank you for your 5* review.

I do hope that you made good use of your bucket and spade. Thank you for recommending the hotel to family and friends, for us there is no higher praise.

We hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Best Wishes

General Manger

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Hotel is excellent. From check in to check out all staff very friendly. The rooms are modern and spotless. Lovely touch is a goody bag left for our son. Health club, which is included, is amazing. Highly recommend.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Dave V,

Thank you for taking the time to post on TA.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit and even more pleased to read that you would happily recommend the hotel.

The team and I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Only stayed for one night but at check in the staff were keen to make sure we had all the information we needed to make our stay in Lancaster as good as possible. The hotel is set in beautiful grounds next to the university. The room was comfortable and provided tea/coffee facilities & an in room safe. The biggest disappointment was in the bathroom they had large refillable containers of body wash/shampoo & hand/body lotion next to the sink that were not in dispensers, this had to also go in the shower too. Very cumbersome and not at all easy to use. Luckily I had a small bar of soap in my wash bag that I was able to use in the sink, which made it much easier. The buffet breakfast was excellent although the staff appeared somewhat inexperienced as we had to ask for our dirty plates to be taken away, and they were slow at replenishing the bread and pastries, which meant people were having to ask for more things. Overall a good place to stay.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Pinz,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TA.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit overall. I take on board your comments regarding the Elemis Toiletries. We made the decision to use these particular dispensers as this fits with the hotels Green ethos. But as always our gust feedback is appreciated and something that we always refer back to when making alterations to our products and services.

The team and I hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.