1,519 results
All reviewshot tubopen fireuniversity campusluxury studiooutdoor jacuzzileisure facilitiesreception areasteam roomleisure clubbar foodlovely hotelexcellent facilitieswedding partybuffet stylelarge bathroombiscuitsreception staff
Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights (thurs/fri) at the end of Aug and had a lovely time. The bed was so comfy the room well equipped. We also found the corridors at night/ early morning to be surpisingly quiet which could have been down to room location etc but still it was very noticeable and again such a positive!

The leisure suite was great, pool with a little kid's pool, indoor & outdoor hot tub, steam room & sauna plus what looked liked a good gym and use of this is included in the price.

We opted for breakfast & are glad that we did as it was very nice. We ate in the bar one evening and again the food was very tasty & reasonably priced.

We found the hotel very accommodating for children, happy to warm up our toddler's food (even supplied a baby spoon), they have a toy box in the reception with loads of toys to occupy kids, plenty of clean high chairs available too.

I was so pleased with the small touches of this hotel which just made our stay much easier and enjoyable, for example: the spin drier in the changing room, ice & water machine just by our room, the toy box, feeling welcome traveling with our toddler, toys for use in the pool for kids, I can't find fault with our stay at all.

I do have a small concern about the closeness of the Uni campus & what looked like student accommodation from the view of our room but as we visited during school holidays this had no affect on us but at others times it may well cause a nuisance.

I do feel for value of money you get so much & would not hesitate to recommend & really hope to stay again. For us this has been one of the best hotel's (in this price bracket) that we have stayed in.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
AndyLemm, General Manager at Lancaster House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Dear Lor4,

Thank you so much for your 5* review.

Believe you me, I know just how hard it can be travelling with little ones so I am glad that we were able to make you feel relaxed so that you could also enjoy your visit here.

We love that we are a place that families feel comfortable to visit and we are glad that we can do just the smallest of things to make things a bit easier for busy parents.

We look forward to being able to welcome you all back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

In a town where there are surprisingly few comfortable places for the infrequent visitor to stay, Lancaster House is a haven of peace and comfort.
Situated on the southern fringe of the town, by the celebrated university, this is a modern low-rise building where all the main features are on the ground floor, including Reception, Lounge/bar, Dining room, and the spacious Bowland Suite for meetings/functions, which also can have a separate entrance.. Bedrooms are mainly on the first floor, comfortable, with all the usual en-suite facilities, The beds are comfortable! As well, there are facilities for health and exercise, including a pool.and beauty/haircare.
Staff, both local and foreign, are friendly, both in reception and in the rooms, etc.and attentive when unexpected problems arise. Food is mainly plain, but fresh and good.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple

Dear Brian B,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review.

I must say you describe the hotel beautifully, thank you. I will be sure to pass your kind comments onto the team here.

We do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards

Reviewed 28 August 2016

Stayed here many many times over the years. Because there is NO other hotel as good as this for miles around. Staff are always friendly and take the time to actually talk to you. I feel I personally know some of the staff. The hotel always seems relaxed and approachable. From the receptionist who books you in and recommends trying the new orange juice at breakfast to House keeping knocking on your door asking if you needed anything like fresh biscuits to go with a cuppa in your room.
Enjoy the clean and well equipped Gym. Have a swim or relax in the steam rooms.
That's what Im going to do next week on my return.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business

Dear miniman25,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review one of your many stays at Lancaster House.

It is always a pleasure to know that we are the number 1 choice for our guests.

I'm sure we will bump into each other over the coming weeks.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

We stayed in August for my mums 70th and also a wedding anniversary. 2 families meaning 2 sets of 2 interconnected rooms. Despite the rooms having been booked months in advance, someone had decided one of the pairs of rooms was a duplicate and cancelled it. So when we arrived, in the middle of someone's wedding, there were no rooms. Disaster. What followed was quite a few angry words and worry over an hour or so. Thankfully the manager was able to agree with someone else to move to another hotel. By way of compensation they comped the rooms, food and drink for the group. Which actually was pretty awesome. The rooms are great. Food is excellent, especially the breakfast and the facilities really good. Hard to quibble with a freebie and such a good response by the management but I would say choose your rooms and dates carefully. We were kept awake till the early hours by the wedding party crashing around outside and then banging every door in the surrounding 3 miles as loudly as possible when they finally ground to a halt.

Like I say. Hard to moan about this but worth considering when you stay.

Dear Sneaky_Beaky,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Lancaster House.

While it is never great to read that we made a mistake, I am glad that we were able to restore your faith in the hotel.

I know that the team member in question did call you personally to apologise for their mistake and I can assure you that they will not make a mistake like that again.

We do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

Had a lovely time with my teenage daughter.. Shopping and then great experience in restaurant .. My daughter loved chocolate trio which was to die for. I had deconstructed Lancashire hotpot and that was delicious.. The gym and leisure facility is fantastic ...

Dear Caroline1764,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your visit to Lancaster House.

I must say your daughter has good taste in desserts.

We do hope that we can have the pleasure of welcoming you both back to the hotel in the near future.

Best Regards