“No one does Steak like Oscars!”

Oscar's French Steakhouse & Bistro
Ranked #31 of 281 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$32 - US$40
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A corner of France in the heart of Leamington Spa. Our style, the food, the atmosphere, the wine, is unashamedly French.
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Well,the steak and frites here is simply out of this world!

Ambience is fantastic, just like a bistro in a chic corner of Paris.

Pascal is as ever, always charming and we just love the steak and ambience!

Please do keep it up Pascal and the team!

Reviewed 1 July 2018

We came here on a Wednesday night and although the place was quiet we did not feel as if we were the only ones there. Menu is not vast but I am always suspicious of lengthy ones. There were four choices on each course with the table d hote menu and I could happily have eaten all of them. A large basket of bread and a jug of water were bought immediately which. I dislike having to ask for water so big tick there. I had fish and my oh had beef so tricky to get the two ready together but they did so.

Wine was very good, and reasonable but I am marking it down as the two small bottles of beer we had were a tad over priced. Overall would be very happy to return or recommend

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I ate in Oscars in Leamington spa on Saturday night. We thought the atmosphere was great... it’s a very small and intimate setting which makes a nice change from the usual chain restaurants. Make sure you book though as it did get very busy on Saturday! We both enjoyed our meal - generous portions, everything was fresh and tasty and looked great on the plate. The service was good too, attentive despite how busy the restaurant was. Three courses each and a bottle of wine came to around £100 which we thought was excellent value given the quality of the meat! We will definitely be returning to try and few more things on the menu.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for a family members birthday, staff were pleasant but rushed around and there was a long wait between sitting and ordering, and between courses

Food was ok, although one of our table’s main was inedible and had to be sent back (to credit the staff though they took it off the bill, after we reminded them)

Veg seemed a little undercooked, and my steak was tasty but for less money you can get better steaks at Miller and Carters. The wine we ordered (Merlot) was very nice

The thing is, I remember this being the place to go in Leamington, food was exceptional. Maybe other places have caught up or Oscars is relying on its reputation too much, the food was ok but its not the cheapest place so probably will eat elsewhere in future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

We visited on 23rd June of a birthday dinner with family. We have been previously and had excellent food but sadly this was not the case on this occasion. Two of us ordered the asparagus and pea salad for starters - only two spears of asparagus per portion , a couple of pea shoots and a mound of whitish ‘crunch’, with barely enough dressing to provide any flavour. My daughter opted for the beetroot tortellini for her main. First impressions were of a lot of crumble topping! The tortellini itself was bland and mushy with no trace of beetroot and was topped with undercooked broccoli. My own cod dish was similarly accompanied by undercooked broccoli, some of the mussels were not open and the sauce rather watery. I decided against a desert but my husband chose a rather dry chocolate brownie and my daughter the pear and frangipane tart. A slice had been cut from a large tart and warmed separately such that it was dry on all sides. Service was efficient if a little impersonal with waiters reaching across the table with little or no communication. Not the evening we had anticipated!