“Top of the Cakes!”

Fat Birds Cafe
Ranked #50 of 284 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A fun and friendly daytime cafe in the centre of Leamington Spa. Firecely independent and family-run.
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Currently working up a league table of ‘best proper cake in Leam’ and FB is top (of about 6 establishments I’d go to again and some that don’t make the list). Proper cake = slices of round, sumptuous, iced yumminess. The caramel one is my favourite. Breakfast is also good. Not tried lunch. Seating is also good, not over the top teahouse but not basic caf.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my daughter for breakfast. On arrival the 6/7 waiting staff were all slouched around the till talking about their previous nights antics. No attention to customers at all. When I ask where we could sit I was told rather abruptly "sit where you like". After 10mins of waiting I decided to just order my food at the till - I was treated as though I was interrupting their discussion.

The food came fairly promptly and was of an average standard.

Not a family friendly place at all. Some serious training in customer service required. I will not be returning here in a hurry!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We stopped at Fat Birds for a coffee during a rain storm and ended up having a gorgeous veggie breakfast! The staff are fab, the cafe itself is cosy and relaxed and the food was yummy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 14 May 2018

I can't rate this place highly enough! Went out for a Birthday treat with a friend for a cream tea.Great value at £10.95 each. Had so much to eat had to take the left overs home.! The staff were super and very friendly! Brioche scones were amazing!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Cannot beat fresh cooked full english breakfast. Very tasty. Not pre cooked.

Good start to my day and the friendly service was part of the key ingredient.

Date of visit: May 2018