“Good Burgers”

Libertine Burger
Ranked #83 of 280 Restaurants in Leamington Spa
Price range: US$9 - US$14
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Went in Sunday Lunchtime,ordered no.1 burger,house fries and a coke.

Staff were friendly and service was quick.Place is clean and well thought out.

Burger was top class,the fries were verging on healthy)Coke came in a can.

I would go back no problems.

£12

1  Thank TomByte

Reviewed 15 July 2018

This is a small restaurant with an interesting decor, - a mix of American diner and bizarrely, Super Mario Brothers. The menu is pretty limited, there are basically just a couple of choices with some minor variations. My wife and I both had classic beef burgers, mine with bacon. They were decent enough, if nothing out of the ordinary. Both were however slightly under-cooked, which is very dangerous for a burger. Apparently you can can ask for them to be cooked properly, which defies belief. Burgers are not steaks. they must NEVER be under-cooked as dangerous bacteria survives inside.

The staff were friendly and attentive, but the restaurant unfortunately plays loud music constantly. This then forces everyone to speak very loudly to maintain a conversation, which in turn raises the overall volume level to painfully high levels. It's far from a relaxing and pleasant atmosphere. My wife and I were both glad to be outside and away from the din once we were done.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Certainly cannot fault the food and definitely not the staff either. Speedy and friendly service and nothing wrong from entry to exit. However I do believe the drink prices are steep. 3.90 for a 330 ml Heineken? And 2 pounds for a Coca Cola can is a lot. Yeah we know “sugar tax” and all that. Get draught lager, much more pleasing to the eye and would encourage a local like myself to pop in just for a pint! Think I just found my new Friday night eats.

1  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Visited on Friday afternoon with our grandson who is 3. My partner had the Stilton and red onion jam and I had the basic and added a Mac and cheese patty- chips between us - absolutely gorgeous! I had a banana milkshake, lager for toh, squash for the little one. The burgers were amazing and the milkshake was gorgeous, made with real bananas, ice cream, and milk - a real proper milkshake! Have to say the staff were friendly and really helpful - food arrived really quickly - absolutely great buzz about the place - good luck x

Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Went on the spur of the moment and very glad we did. Menu is sensibly limited so we went for the basic burger,slaw, fries and wine/ beer. It came quickly and despite us being quite fussy, it was absolutely stunning. Everything spot on. Burger unbelievable in particular.

Really wonderful. Only down side was the stools were a bit firm for me. But the staff were great and we loved it. Go!

2  Thank PatrickT1655