“fabulous”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Watford North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Watford
Reviewed 10 July 2017

We spent one night here after an exhausting trip from Australia. We were going to the Harry Potter tour the next day so chose the hotel purely on its location.
However the greatest surprise of this booking was the bed and quiet room. I suffer with terrible jet lag and find it extremely difficult to sleep in hotel rooms especially after such a long journey. We checked into the hotel late at night and I immediately had a hot bath which was very welcome ( it was a freezing november night and we had just left an Australian summer), then got into bed to discover just how comfy it was-----sheer bliss after being cooped up on aeroplanes. went out like light!!! Never heard any noise and woke the next day feeling rested.
We then ventured downstairs for all you can eat breakfast----and we were starving!!!! The staff were fabulous, very chatty and friendly. And as ex pt, it was great to see marmite and crumpets and tuck into a full english breakfast including black pudding!!! Fantastic breakfast

Our holiday could not have had a better start,
My adult daughter and I have a pact that we will never go back to the UK without doing the HP tour, and part of that would definitely be a stay at this hotel.

Well done and thank you!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: i just asked for quiet rooms and thats what I got,
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Watford North Hotel

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Booked a disabled room, which we were given. On entering the room, we were amazed to see the smallest bed on earth, (NOT THE 6FT ONES IN YOUR TV ADVERT).

Moving on to the bathroom, given that it is a room for disabled persons, the toilet was fine, with plenty of hand holds and moveable hand holds for the disabled persons stability. The sink was at a good height for a wheel chair user. So no problems there.
So, we have a toilet suitable for the disabled, a sink suitable for the disabled, but to have a shower, the disabled person has to climb in the bath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hello! Both my husband and I have mobility problems!!! If I was able to climb in the bath to have a shower, WE WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED A DISABLED ROOM IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!

Plus, when my husband did manage to climb in the bath to shower, (I only washed at the sink), he slipped on the slippery bath and only managed not to fall out of the bath because I stayed in there with him and managed to steady him and brace his fall. He only used the shower that once.
After that near calamity, he too washed at the sink for the rest of our stay.
All in all, a dreadful and terrifying experience that we will NOT be repeating or recommending to anyone of our acquaintances.

NOT WHAT WE EXPECT FROM THE PREMIER INN!

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
WhitbreadHotels, Premier Inn Team at Premier Inn Watford North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Hi there

Thanks for taking the time to share your review.

We're pleased to see you found the toilet and sink to be suitable, however it's a shame to read of your disappointment with the bed and that the bath was not suitable for you.

We understand there there is no single design that will meet everyone's needs, as we realise that some of our guests require a lowered bath/shower in the disabled room and others require a wet room with a walk in shower. For this reason, we do advise prior to booking, that you call the hotel in order to check that they can meet your needs, as the layouts vary across our hotels and this hotel does not have wet rooms in their disabled rooms.

I'm sorry for the disappointment and inconvenience this caused to you during your stay. I've passed your comments on to our Property Development Team for their consideration, as this is something we're working on as advised in our Disabled Access Statement which can be found online.

We hope this hasn't put you off staying with Premier Inn in future.

Kind Regards

Amy

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Excellent service from a quality team lead by Amy on reception thank you we will most definitely stay in premier inns in the future. The breakfasts are well worth the money the rooms are excellent and are good value

Reviewed 6 July 2017

Really friendly staff. They were so helpful. I had bought leisure vouchers to pay, should have read the small print as I ended up paying more. Excellent location for Harry Potter 5 minutes from the studion in the car. The hotel was almost straight off the motorway, I'm not much of a city driver but I managed it without getting hysterical!!!! There are quite a few places around to eat.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Watford
3.9 km away
Hilton Watford
#7 of 13 in Watford
4.2 km away
Premier Inn Watford Central Hotel

Been to Premier Inn Watford North Hotel? Share your experiences!