1,176 results
All reviews steam room and sauna spa facilities full english harry potter world wembley
Reviewed 6 November 2016

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Mercure Hotels
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2017

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Travelling with kids is difficult at the best of times!
Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as I was treating my little ones to some attractions close by. The hotel at a glance didn't seem to be anything special from the outside... But the room and facilities soon made up for it. I loved how family friendly the place is and the staff..... Well.... They are definitely an asset to the company... A special thank you to all that made our stay wonderful, it's because of the likes of Karla, Rico, Codri, Saif, Ashton, Raj ( sorry if I spelt anyone's name wrong) we will definitely be returning again for a little getaway and for the steaks!!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Allan P, General Manager at Mercure London Watford Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2016

Dear Insighttolife,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure London Watford Hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

Staying due to family bereavement for 4 nights with 3 further rooms booked for two nights. There appears to be quite a few trainee reception staff causing confusion. We were charged incorrect room rates for example.

If you're thinking of having a treat and want to book a privilege room, consider these points. The rooms are the same size as a standard room with the addition of a larger TV, a Nespresso machine and robes and slippers. Other differences: standard room has a bath with shower over instead of a small shower cubicle. The bathroom in a privilege room has a weird glass cabinet that the towels hang in and if you need an ironing board it's only a mini one instead of the full size in a standard room.

Then we come to the big point for me. The bed! I would expect this to be a main feature as that's the reason you have the room. In a standard room the double bed is a generous king size (probably so it can be made in to a twin if needed) yet the privilege room only has a standard double bed. As a family our toddlers share our bed so this is a big issue for us and we try to book hotels with king size beds. On checking the photos it looked like it was a king bed yet wasn't so we had to have a fold out bed leaving less floor space whilst other members of the family had a larger bed in a standard room.

We have to remain in a hotel for a further 3 nights so are moving to the Hilton where booking a king room is clear and the room is larger.

No I didn't mention it to the hotel as travelling with a family with specific dietary requirements needs a lot of luggage and the emotional strain of the circumstances is great. I wasn't prepared to move rooms even if it was offered so I didn't say anything.

The staff are pleasant and helpful yet need to listen to the question being asked as I had several conversations where they answered a completely different question.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear nzspider,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure London Watford Hotel. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

Amazing hotel.
Being here before but can see renovation in rooms. Restaurant food was good and added asset to hotel.
Asif asset to hotel his service is excellent.
Breakfast was hot and good choice available.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear today45,

Reviewed 2 November 2016

used hotel to visit harry potters world ,first night ate in bar and met one of the nicest bar man ever, Rico Uddin, could not do enough to help us, made us feel very comfortable . 2nd night decided to eat in restaurant but forgot to book, enter rico who got us a table and again gave us superb service . if the world was full of rico's, life would be wonderful he is a great ambassador to this hotel ps food was amazing

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank davidwilliamharrison

Dear davidwilliamharrison,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review to the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you had such a great stay and I have shared your comments with the wider hotel team at our morning meeting today who were equally thrilled to read your comments.

Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Regards,