“Best ever Tapas restaurant ”
Review of La Taberna

La Taberna
Ranked #3 of 344 Restaurants in Maidstone
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Came upon this by chance and I live in the area and have done all the restaurants in Maidstone, why did I not know about this place ??? It is a proper gem. family run business style by Spanish, set in a church. it’s proper homely and has a nice relaxed feel to it. The staff take pride in what they do, making sure you are attended to but not over bearing, going through the menu with any questions you have. Loved this place we was advised to have 2 tapas per person the food smell was that good we had none of that suggestion so we had 6 between the 2 if us with complimentary bread and cocktails / wine. we only popped in for a light dinner but the table was full with our order. Amazing will definitely be back here top food, top friendly service in nice surroundings and decor defo recommend this place. Would have taken photos of the food but it didn’t last long enough we ploughed through it all nothing was left. Suggest booking table for the evening if you try weekends as the restaurant started filling up after 7pm this was on a Thursday.

2  Thank Mark G

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had an absolutely fantastic meal with genuinely top class Spanish food. The service was a delight from some of the nicest people. We will definitely be going back and we will be recommending others go also. Great experience - and a very reasonable price too.

2  Thank Peter H
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I visited this wonderful restaurant with my Mum who was treating me as it was my birthday. We were so impressed with the everything! My Mum is in a wheelchair and I was on crutches due to a broken ankle and nothing was too much trouble, even offering me a chair to rest my foot on. The food was exquisite! and the staff incredibly attentive and friendly. It would be nice to see a more varied menu but really not a big thing. Cannot wait to go back! Well done La Taberna for getting it so right!

3  Thank wrightk947
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Was really looking forward to having lunch at this tapas restaurant. Sadly it didn't live up to it's reviews. Although situated in the beautiful Corpus Christi Chambers the food was very disappointing. My friends sea food dish was far too salty and the patatas bravas was covered in some unfortunate goo that I have never experienced before.
I felt it was a bit pricey compared to what I would normally pay for a lunchtime meal and nowhere near the quality. Sad to say that I cannot recommend and will not be paying a return visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Returned for a paella as I said in my previous review and I wasn't disappointed, an excellent meal, many thanks

1  Thank TheBishopsFinger