“Another great Sunday roast!”

The Plough at Langley
Reserve with OpenTable
The Plough at Langley is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 353 Restaurants in Maidstone
Price range: US$18 - US$45
Cuisines: Pub
Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We've never been disappointed by the food and service at the Plough. Warm welcome and a couple of drinks at the bar before we were invited to join our shared starter of Plouchos (Nachos, I did ask and felt silly afterwards) which were just what we were looking for. A perusal of the wine list and we had lovely wines to go with the classic, generous and high quality Sirloin and chicken roasts. One slight suggestion would be that my beef was well done (which I was cool with) but I probably would have preferred it a little more pink but wasn't given the option. Thanks again to the team at the Plough, if I fancy a roast on a Sunday it's always top of the list.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We were visiting the Goat sanctuary with our little boy and chose this pub to have lunch at afterwards as it was nearby and convenient. What a great choice we made by accident! The food was absolutely delicious, all staff so friendly and helpful and pub was very child-friendly. Would defo recommend to anybody looking for a good lunch spot!

1  Thank Shaheen C
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My partner & I attended this tribute evening which included a three course meal...what a great night!! Such fun & the food was outstanding , each course beautifully presented and very good. The service was excellent & the proprietors were friendly & welcoming to all the guests ...look forward to returning.

2  Thank stephenaK6342HF
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Thursday evening and not too busy.
Good service on arrival and throughout our meal.
2 courses for £15 - we didn't realise - indicated by 2 asterisks on menu.
Had asparagus (me) and prawns ( husband) for starters. Both very good .
Main course I had the Sea Bream with Spinach - gorgeous fillet not a bone in sight. Perfectly cooked and served. Good value too, not included in the offer I think .
Husband had fillet steak - his comment - best steak I've eaten in ages and sent our appreciation to the chefs .
Even the coffee was delicious.
Very good wine list also served by the glass .
Would recommend - and we will return

1  Thank Doddydiddy
Reviewed 23 July 2018

Visited the Plough on a Sunday as looked like it had a good menu. We were late for the booking and was chased up, which I took as a sign they were on the ball and when arriving had a few staff out front so would be well staffed, they were also very pleasant and seated us quickly on arrival.

However once we were seated, took a good 10-15 minutes for someone to take our drinks and wasn't particularly busy. Ordered the Nachos, which were really nice if a little over salted and then fish and chips and vegetable moussaka as they had run out of baguettes. Food was good and reasonable portions, also price-wise with the deal on courses so came in at £70 with desserts and drinks. Main critique was staff attentiveness as we constantly had to go and ask for anything, including the bill. Also, lack of air conditioning made it quite hot.

A nice place to stop but could do a lot better to make us return as a lot of competition in the area.