“Just as good as the last time”
Review of Gem of Kent

Gem of Kent
Ranked #14 of 353 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2018

Back in the area for a team meeting and I suggested we all visit the Gem of Kent. Last time I went it was superb and there is always the worry that it will never be as good as you remember.

There was 8 of us and we all went for the set menu B which consisted of starters, main course and a desert. This is by far the best value and to be honest, they could add a few pounds to the price and it would still be excellent value.

The starters were lovely. Aubergine in tomato a sauce, hummus, borek, falafel all delicious. Everything cooked perfectly

Main course superb. Perfectly cooked tender delicious lamb.

Desert was a light baklava, ice cream and another dessert which I cannot remember the name of.

Really friendly staff, great atmosphere and definately somewhere we will all be back to.

1  Thank Matt J

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

We visited after not having been for a while and were as impressed as ever. The restaurant is now much busier than it used to be and is quite noisy, but the food is still as good. We ordered a selection of 6 mezze dishes including aubergine dips, spinach dips, cheese filled pastries, prawns and falafel and they were all delicious. My Mum order prawns, my Dad ordered lamb shank and I had the lamb shish with a chicken shish on the side and we were all very impressed and enjoyed it immensely. The meal was rounded off with shared baklavas and coffees. The bill, which also included a bottle of house white and delicious Villa Doluca red wine was a very reasonable £120. This restaurant is highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Excellent food and service. Visited here for my son's birthday, my second visit, my son's first. Absolutely amazing food. Definitely will be returning

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

A friend told us about this restaurant. So we decided to visit. The place is in central Maidstone. There are off road parking after 6 pm free. The variety of food was very good. The wuality of food was excellent. The staff was polite. The price of food was a bit expensive. They have meal deal where we ordered main course, plus appetiser and desert for 15 pounds providing we ordered 2 of them. The only downside to it is the mezze/starter were more of a sample rather than a true starter.
The drink such as juice are very expensive for the quality. 2.30 for a glass of cheap quality bottled juice. I think they meed to get a better quality or fresh juice or reduce the price.
All in all we enjoyed the food quality and we will go back

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Been there a couple of times for dinner. Nice selection of food. Friendly staff and a nice place to eat out as a couple or with friends.