“Holiday”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Nice little pub not to easy to find if your not a local
But good food and beers nice staff and value for money
We got there late as they were about to finish food for the day
But we never felt pushed to order or finish
Eat in the garden as it was very hot will return
Give it a try you will not be disappointed

Tracy H, Owner at The Yew Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Dear tonyjwhiting,

Thank you for your kind words and I am delighted you managed to find us, we are sign posted from the main Running Horse roundabout on the A229 and again, at the Running Horse Harvester restaurant on the Sandling Lane. I am happy you found us to be a nice little pub and glad you will be returning..

Our staff are very friendly and welcoming and it is pleasing to hear the food and beers were good and you found our prices good value for money.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to give us a nice review and for including a visit here as part of your holiday, we welcome your feedback and we also 'thank you' for your recommendation.

If you are ever here again on holiday in the future, we would very much like to welcome you back.

Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Great menu, friendly staff, reasonable prices and good service. I had the goose which was both unusual and delicious. Thoroughly recommended!

Dear Neil,

Many thanks for your kind review and recommendation and we welcome you feedback with appreciation.

I am delighted you enjoyed your goose, it is a surprisingly popular dish and I am pleased you considered it to be delicious. Our menu is varied to accommodate all tastes and we are about to change it again for the autumn, with some more interesting ideas. I am also pleased our friendly staff provided you with a good service and you found our prices reasonable for the quality.

Please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2018

Looked online to see what there was for lunchtime. Under the menu titled Bar Menu, said 'New menu to be announced soon'! However, on the day I rang at 11.50am to make sure if we had to book a table outside. I had no reply....so picked up friend & went onto the Yew Tree. On entering , was greeted by lady, we asked about bar menu & was told "only the restaurant menu is available" . We had a look at this & chose to have 1 starter & 1 main course between us. (We were not overly hungry for big meal each). We were told we can't eat in restaurant........as each person has to order main meal each (have looked online since & says this). Still we ordered between us the Crab for a starter & Sea bass for main. Both meals were very nicely cooked, presented & hot.
I know most venues do lunches & mains........this one doesn't.
I would certainly visit again, but maybe in the evening for a nice meal.

Tracy H, Owner at The Yew Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear A N,

Thank you for your kind and informative review, your feedback is greatly appreciated, especially on this occasion, as you have highlighted the fact that we are not running a 'bar menu' at the moment and this has given me the opportunity to explain why.

It is due to us being a fresh food restaurant, where our food is cooked to order in the conventional way, we do not have any fast cooking equipment and fresh food always takes time to cook .We used to have a bar menu, but we have established over a period of time, that this uses up a lot of time and staff resources and for very little profit, we would rather work on a smaller, more profitable scale, to provide a good level of service and keep our prices reasonable, by selling profitable meals which keeps us in business, rather than cater for the masses, with huge staff wages, serving non profit making meals and not giving a good service. This does not make good financial sense for us and from a business point of view, it is not cost effective for us to do that.
This is the honest reason why we have not continued with the 'bar menu' and I have since had '(bar menu coming soon)' taken off of our website and I thank you very much for pointing this out.

Our portion sizes are very generous, therefore, we find that a lot of people will order a starter from the menu to eat as a light lunch, either in the bar area, or in the beer garden, which brings me on to your other comment and our policy regarding main courses in our restaurant :
Our restaurant is for customers wishing to have 'at least main courses', otherwise, our restaurant would be half full of customers dining on just starters alone, which unfortunately, does not cover the cost of our table linen, as it is highly expensive to launder. There is no shame in admitting, that people sitting in our restaurant on a dressed table for the majority of the lunchtime period, eating starters only, is just not profitable for us, and therefore, I ask for people's understanding on this matter. There is no doubt, that our table linen, is one of the main attractions and contributions to creating a cosy ambience in our pub and restaurant which has helped mould our business into what we are, and where we are today, providing good quality food, at reasonable prices, with a good service.

I am delighted the meals you had were both well presented, hot and tasty and I am also pleased to hear you intend to visit again in the evening.

Please come and visit us again soon, we have a new menu being introduced in the next couple of weeks and there may well be some new dishes worth trying.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

The best food, large portions, good prices all in an Idyllic location. The best night out with friends, service was excellent and the food was hot. Excellent keep up the good work all of you.

Tracy H, Owner at The Yew Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2018

Dear Barry,

Thank you for your delightful comments, short, but to the point and we could not ask for a nicer review. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I am pleased you had the best food and the best night out.

I am glad you were happy with your meals and portion sizes, together with good prices for the quality. The service should always be excellent, friendly and attentive, without being over bearing, and your food and plates should always be hot.

We will do our best to keep up the good work and we hope to see you again soon !

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Visited today and all four of us had a superb, home cooked Sunday Roast. Perfect portion size, delicious gravy (perfect amount), well presented, good quality, reasonably priced. At this pub you will find cheerful staff, amazing food, cosy atmosphere, beautiful garden, plenty of parking, what more can I say except just go and see for yourself.

Dear Jackie B,

Thank you for your lovely review and recommendation for others to come and see our establishment for themselves.

I am delighted all four of you enjoyed your home cooked Sunday roast and considered it superb, with perfect portion sizes and delicious gravy. We tend to buy the best cuts of meats on the market for the quality and still try to be reasonably priced.

Our staff are very cheerful and welcoming and the atmosphere is always nice and cosy in here. I am pleased you liked the beer garden with plenty of colour for the summer and there should never be a problem with parking. We have two car parks, one opposite the front of the pub and the other around the side of the beer garden which caters for approximately 40 cars between the two.

Please come and see us again soon !