All reviews car park lovely location attached restaurant fayre and square gulliver's land the pub usual standard fantastic stay good nights sleep would highly recommend this hotel reception staff short drive night's sleep family room would stay again saturday night comfy bed
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Turned up. I didn't realise it was pay and display - although to be fair it was me that missed that. However I was told by the unusually unfriendly lady on reception that you only get 5 minutes to do the pay and display.

Paid and came to my room to find its one of the older fashioned ones, was pretty small (one side of the bed was very close to the wall) and was cold since no one had put the heating on.

Decided I wouldn't use the restaurant because he owns the car park and I didn't like the "he only gives you 5 minutes" comment.

I've only ever once before given a premier inn less than 4* but this place is really unwelcoming and I wish I'd gone anywhere else.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mister_phillie
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

The surroundings are lovely, be aware that you have to pay for parking and no refunds from Premier Inn. The rooms at the front of the hotel overlook Willen Lake, easy on the eye and mood. The rear overlooks some of the car park and five a side football pitch, hard on the hearing and not so easy on the eye. The hotel could do with a make over, no air conditioning and key entry. I do not recall seeing a lift so maybe worth checking out if you have trouble with mobility. I still do not understand why the rooms are so dark, please put in some stronger lightbulbs in. The room as clean and once inside is just another Premier Inn, comfy bed a good night's sleep.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Trevor P
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

The rooms are exactly what you'd expect of premier Inn, quite modern and spacious. I had the extra luxury of a balcony with a view of the bins and scrap. (Very nice). The food is through the adjoining pub, a square and compas. It's terrible. The portion size is good but is tasteless. I had the matching starter (burnt crisps and ketchup, sour cream and guacamole) there was also a solid disc of warm tasteless cheese propping up the "dips". Within 5 mins of my "starter" arriving my main arrived.?? The 5oz gammon probably was 5oz but at least t
2 of them were the ribs and fat. Came with an egg that was burnt underneath yet raw on top, surely a skill in itself. In short the rooms are fine (especially the ones with a view of the bins) but the restaurant is to be avoided!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank stuarth269
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The inn is on the edge of Willen lake and it really is a lovely area.
Lots to do in and around the park.
The premier inn is quiet small and feels a bit dated compared to some we've stayed in, but the welcome from the receptionist was exceptional.
The room was clean and warm, we even had a balcony( looking over the car park and Astro pitch).
It's literally 5 mins to Milton Keynes, so a quieter choice, rather than being in the middle of town with expensive parking.
Would stay here again if in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

The welcome was as good as usual, but the rest wasn't. The room clicked all night, probably heating related. Breakfast was dreadful. Watery coffee (not the usual Costa machine), no pastries, toaster that could only be used by one person at a time and nor was the service exactly sparkling. Not up to the usual standard.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank SinBosun