“Disappointing ”

Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Visited yesterday with a friend and child and was very disappointing from start to finish.
We waited ages to order as there was only the one lady behind the bar. To then be told half of the dishes they did not have with no apology. Then she shouted over the bar that there's a 45 minute wait. Went to order drinks, to be told they had no archers and then was given a glass with a crack down it and warm glasses. I pointed the crack out to the lady and she snatched the glass away and again no apology was given.

The food arrived and everything was cold. The steak I asked for was Medium rare and definitely was not cooked how I asked. They were overdone, and tasted of nothing - hadn't even been seasoned! And could see where they had cut one steak into two pieces.
The waitress left baring in mind we had no cutlery, or condiments. My friend had to go inside to get everything! Staff were stuffing cutlery and sauces into her arms! No help was given to her! Where are your customer service skills?! Maybe offer to bring them over or give her a bloody tray.

We were not happy about all of this so asked to speak with a manager after waiting ages she finally came over. She ordered us fresh food alongside with sweetcorn for the youngster and a round of drinks.

The food came hot the next time round but had to wait ages for the sweetcorn. Baring in mind the manager made a big deal out of it as it was for the child. No one came to check to see if our food was OK this time round and just utterly disappointed.
Will not be recommending here!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Very disappointing. Worse meal I have ever eaten. The waitresses were apologetic and nothing personal to them but the place is dirty, rundown and food was disgusting when it did arrive! They had no fish, scampi, carrots, lasagne or garlic bread which affected all our meal choices. Wacky warehouse was also closed.

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Came here during Easter weekend. Bank holiday Monday. Nothing I ordered from the menu was available. Wait time was awful and the food was burnt and not presented well at all. The food was delivered just as we were about to ask for a refund and go elsewhere! We should have left !

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Great location but the waiting time for food is over the average even when it’s only half full.

A lot of people comment on here about great waitresses, we battled to find that would serve our table even after we had been seated for 15 mins !

A few menus chucked down by a passing waitress , not enough for everyone at the table and two of them had old food stuck to them !

As for the food it’s not worth the wait !
Some items appear easier to prepare and cook than others.

If you like ‘cheap and dreadful’ then this is the place for you.

Would I go their again , definitely NOT .
Would I recommend it , NOPE !

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I came here with my family for a quick lunch before my mum and I got the train home. I had a jacket potato as they didn't have the toastie i wanted which was lovely. My mum enjoyed her toastie thoroughly.

Jon F, General Manager at Fayre and Square, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Hi,
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and 5* review. This is important to the team and will give them a real boost. We look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.