“Great food and great staff ”

The Old Swan at Astwood
Ranked #33 of 607 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$13 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 17th Century Pub Restaurant specialising in Simply Fresh Food, including Daily Deliveries of Fresh Fish & Quality Aberdeen Angus Beef
Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

We had a most enjoyable meal here with friends and the food was great, one of the few times my wife said she was good food at a reasonable price, will defiantly come back here again

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

My wife & I ( not royalty). Found where Phil & Clare have moved to. We were regular guest at their previous restaurant and were sad when they left.

But.

We found them at this wonderful location.

The menu board was a delight to read. It read “ Superb plaice. I greedily asked for the biggest one. OMG. What was served was a delight to look at let alone eat. I was worried that as I eat it, the other side would still be cooking and by the time I got to it, it would be flaky. How wrong was I.

The fish was cooked to absolute perfection.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Took some friends along to introduce them to the Old Swan's amazing food having been telling them how brilliant the food was on all our previous visits, Needless to say, they now share out enthusiasm for this wonderful restaurant and its brilliant menu and cooking. Yet again the fish special board proved the main attraction for us all with the Plaice ( or should I say " giant plaice") and the salmon scoring 10/10. Brilliant cooking, wonderful relaxed and helpful service and excellent pricing. And thanks again for the way you all handled my wifes GF and DF intollerances.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Everything was just right for our reunion with eight old friends. We had our own snug room in this lovely old pub/restaurant and all the staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. The fish is delivered fresh daily and 7 out of the eight of us enjoyed beautifully cooked skate or sea bass with fresh veg and proper chips. The starters and desserts were also delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience and the food was good value for money. Our local friends said they would return, especially for Sunday lunch. Being much further away I will aim to come back on a future trip.

Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We visited The Old Swan for an anniversary meal last Sunday and enjoyed a superb meal with good service. Phil and Clare have certainly settled in following their departure from Flitton and are offering an excellent menu in a great village setting.

1  Thank Whitehouse10