“The worst Indian restaurant I've been to”
Review of Verandah Talk Restaurant - CLOSED

Verandah Talk Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

So I decided to go to this restaurant as it always seems busy so I thought it must be really good.
We decided to go for buffet.
my second mouthful put me off the whole dinner! The chicken wasn't cooked properly and was still raw in the middle...and I don't mean just little bit of pink colour! I told the waiter about it and they took the dish away from the buffet table.
I thought it was just one of and I also had a voucher for a free bottle of wine so I decided to give it a second chance and went for dinner with my friend. I ordered tikka masala with chillies and my friend had madras...They were ok, but even I can cook them better at home. Quite disappointed with poppadoms as they were a bit too hard.
Also beer is £4.50 here! Oh and I've never seen polish people working in an Indian restaurant before...I think it takes away from the original atmosphere.
Overall me, my partner and my friend aren't very impressed and we won't be coming back.

2  Thank Marketa V

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I liked their Shisha place upstairs, it was a unique experience. Especially if the weather is not too cold. The food was excellent.
The service could do with some improvement but over I think if your a local it a nice place to visit, but would not go out of my way if I was an outsider

Date of visit: May 2013
1  Thank DeanMiah
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We had our group dinner at this place and it was very good. Most I liked about this place is the starters and shisha. Food cost is reasonable and having outstanding taste. Main course is also very good.

Date of visit: June 2013
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Even though I am giving then restaurant 3*, do not get me wrong I am a regular; but only for the Shisha Terrace! The guy they have working on that section is friendlier than the rest of there staff, who are generally nott very welcoming in all honesty! Food is average, ony thing recommend is the lovely steaks that they do, otherwise the menu is over priced and they also hardly ever have the actual food in stock! Waiters are unattentive, could do with some.well needed improvements!

2  Thank afc_santi
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We visited in a group of 10 on Eid. We had booked well in advance and had also enquired prior to our visit if they would still be able to accommodate us given the date and we were assured they would be. We arrived at 6:30 and our order wasn't taken until about 7:10! When serving up our main meals (between 8pm-8:20pm) the rice was brought out and then some our party had to wait another 15 minutes to get their main meals. I cannot fault my food (king prawn tikka - absolutely delicious) but unfortunately the wait was unacceptable.

Date of visit: October 2013