“Food was great but the service was very slow”
Review of Verandah Talk Restaurant - CLOSED

Verandah Talk Restaurant
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We visited in a group of 10 on Eid. We had booked well in advance and had also enquired prior to our visit if they would still be able to accommodate us given the date and we were assured they would be. We arrived at 6:30 and our order wasn't taken until about 7:10! When serving up our main meals (between 8pm-8:20pm) the rice was brought out and then some our party had to wait another 15 minutes to get their main meals. I cannot fault my food (king prawn tikka - absolutely delicious) but unfortunately the wait was unacceptable.

1  Thank Jobenina

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Lovely food, lots of choice. Been several times and never been disappointed. You can see the food being cooked, as spicy as you like it. Well worth a visit

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Went for a buffet with my family (half price children, £10 adults, bring your own alcohol)
Staff were extremely polite, friendly and helpful, my kids are really fussy and really only ate chicken drumsticks and rice so they kept making more for them. Desserts were horrible!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

Verandah Talk served the best Indian food I have ever eaten in Milton Keynes. Not only is the food exceptional but the aesthetic of the restaurant is great. The waiting staff were spot in in ensuring we were looked after but also ensuring we had the space and time to enjoy our food.

We went as a family and ate from the buffet. The buffet was fresh, hot and really tasty. I can't recommend it enough after some disappointing experiences at other restaurants in the area. The paneer was sublime and the daal an absolute treat.

It operates a bring your own policy with regards to alcohol and although there's shops nearby bear in mind some of them shut early on a Sunday. It was busy on the evening we visited and I can see why. I'll definitely be returning and would encourage people to check this place out, an absolute gem!

Reviewed 11 July 2013

We have been to Verandah Talk several times.We have always been very well looked after.The staff are very attentive and the food is EXCELLENT. We have been here as a couple, but we have also been here as part of a larger group as well. Every time ,we thoroughly enjoy the experience. Last time that I ate here,(Tuesday 9 th July),I actually said to my partner,"This is the best meal I've ever had !".
I was referring to the Tandoori Prawns. Wonderful ! Cooked to perfection.
The restaurant used to be a mixture of Indian and Arabic.Recently,they have changed direction,to focus more attention on one type of cuisine.They are now predominately Indian,in effect, specialising in mainly North Indian / Punjabi food.
Another change that has happened, due to customer feedback, has been that you can now take your own alcohol .Rather than buy a bottle of wine at restaurant prices,you can take your favourite wine with you.My partner took one tin of beer, purchased at a nearby supermarket for next to nothing(!).In bringing our own drinks,the cost of the dining experience is greatly reduced.What a great idea.Not only are you getting absolutely fantastic food and service,in a friendly, welcoming atmosphere but it doesn't cost the earth.
Dining at Verandah Talk is really affordable.
By the way, there is a tiny corkage charge(£ 1.50),for bringing your own wine,but you know how much you can get a bottle of wine for in a supermarket and when you add £1.50 on ,and then compare this to restaurant prices ,you know it makes sense. Do the maths!
Poppadoms and condiments were lovely ,pilau rice was lovely,paratha was lovely,garlic nan was lovely.....you get the picture!
My partner had the Fish Masala dish which was gorgeous.We shared the prawns and fish dishes,and I must say they complimented each other wonderfully.
We will be back,obviously.
So,if you are looking for somewhere to have a fantastic meal at a very very reasonable price,in pleasant surroundings, then "Verandah Talk" , Wolverton, Milton Keynes is for you.
I know these are hard times,but your local shops and restaurants need your support.
Get yourselves along to "Verandah Talk". You will love the experience.