US$92
US$100
US$72
  • Pool
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$78
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$79
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 July 2015

Me and my wife stayed here on our first trip to Little Lever (Bolton) yesterday, as the pub were hosting one of our favourite bands (Glam 45), so they're brave enought o put on live music too. We booked a room a few weeks ago and it was really nice - clean, comfy and practical. Nothing flash but nothing to complain about, and £40 for a double is great value. We ate in the restaurant on the evening and had breakfast the next day, both meals excellent. Hosts are nice people, friendly and welcoming, although we caught them on a very busy night (band was a big attraction). Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The rooms are in a separate block upstairs outside the pub, as far as we could see they're all pretty much the same.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Steve A
Reviewed 23 April 2014

excellent value for money,good food,very clean
only has three rooms
new management are making a very good effort to establish a friendly welcoming atmosphere,
plenty parking space, 5 minutes from Bolton town centre

Room Tip: rooms 2 & 3 are larger than No 1 No 1 is facing the rear
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Trev F
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We have eaten here many times and have only ever had one bad meal which was on a Sunday afternoon, there were hardly any staff in and the kitchen was undermanned with what appered to be with just one hungover chef. However, I'm happy to say this was an isolated and one off incident as every other time hasn't disappointed. We like to go as it's within walking distance of where we live and if we're not in a mood for cooking but want some simple, tasty, home cooked style food this is the place to be, we've eaten lunches and evening meals here but the breakfasts have been the best. On those days when you want a good cooked breakfast but can't be bothered making it yourself, you need to head here. You can take your time, enjoy your tea or coffee, eat a well cooked full English with plenty of toast as you read the papers. The setting is just as welcoming and as comfortable as your own kitchen at home.

Also, whenever we've had friends and family looking for somewhere to stay we've always recommended here and it's yet to disappoint, spotless rooms and friendly staff and reasonbly priced too. Plus when you've been to you family do or whatever we all meet up here on the Sunday morning for either breakfast and lunch befor ethey return home.

A little gem of a place and one I'll continue to use as long as we live locally to it.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank James G
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We stayed here for one night on sat 24th November,
The picture on the Internet is very misleading,you get the impression its a country pub but its actually surrounded by houses! the rooms are at the rear of the pub and you have to go up a flight of iron stairs to get to rooms which could be dangerous in winter when frozen.
The room itself is very small albeit very clean ,but so small the tv is of the old analogue type with a digibox and high up,the bed and furnishings were very good unfortunately the bathroom was so small you can not get properly dried in there so had to stand in room.the bed was comfortable,there was tea coffee making facilities,our room number 2 was overlooking the flat roof of the pub and houses and car park and definitely not worth £50 plus £12 breakfast.
the owners were very welcoming but unfortunately the soft drinks were flat and the glasses were not rinsed proper!the food was ok but not the best,the breakfast was ok but the orange which was already pored for us was only carton orange.The pub was not very full and i believe it is closing soon.
All in all it was an ok visit but certainly could not stay more than one night and certainly not worth £62 more like £40 to £45.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank brilin
Reviewed 16 August 2012

My one night stay at the Jolly Carter in July of this year was so comfortable and I felt so welcomed. I arrived from Shanghai and when I booked the room I confided to Nina that my arrival at my brother in law's party on the evening of July 7th was to be a surprise for everyone. Not only did they keep my surprise but I think were as excited as I was. My room was delightful and the bed was big and soft, like sleeping on a cloud. I stayed the night and got up quite early, much too early for the chef at 10.30 but Reese made me a wonderful cup of coffee, then went ahead and made me a lovely breakfast of orange juice, scrambled eggs and toast and more of his delicious coffee. What a lovely place and what lovely people. Thanks to the Jolly Carter for helping me with my surprise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family