All reviews the pub pub next door comfortable bed family room attending a wedding night's sleep cooked breakfast night stay retail park stayed for nights reception staff business trip beehive roundabout inns rivington barn
Reviewed 22 October 2018

Stayed here just for Sat night, booked 2 rooms - almost 1/3 of the price compared to Manchester Premier Inns - Rooms clean & well appointed, appeared recently refurbished.
Disappointed as both rooms only had double beds - I'm 6'3" and my feet hung out bottom of bed - my son is 6'9" and even diagonally too short. Had expected King size beds per advertising, but that's what you get when you don't read the small print!!!

Overall though would use again but book King size beds and not twin beds bolted together to form double. :)

Room tip: Rear rooms quieter Front rooms some road noise.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Great position for my work requirements plus for Bolton W FC stadium Room was comfy very friendly staff. Nice carvery pub next door - food good and lovely staff,very lively atmosphere with music quizzes etc

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2018

2nd time staying this Premier Inn when visiting my home town, and it is conveniently located close to motorway with plenty of parking
It was being refurbished & top floor was not in use. Plenty of builders about but did not hear any noise at all. Does need improvement as hotel seemed a bit tired. Staff as usual very friendly & room clean & tidy although a bit sparse. Good free wi-fi in room

What lets his hotel down though is the fairly grotty pub next door. Multiple Tv's blasting out football in every public room meant no quiet place to eat. Usual basic pub fare but my steak was poor quality .but at £9.95 can't really complain. pub staff were very friendly.Don't bother with breakfast as expensive at £9.50 (price of a steak!) and plenty of restaurants on the nearby Middlebrook complex. In fact would recommend giving pub a miss and dine there.

Having said all that hotel was very good value at £139 for a 3 night stay, so will use again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Good location for us, friendly staff, great bed like all of this chain. Bathroom was fresh and new with an excellent shower. Free wifi that worked pretty fast too.Next to The Beehive pub for breakfast and evening meals which has a great carvery.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a clearly recently renovated room. It should never have been made available. The paint fumes made me feel really unwell. Tried to sleep but eventually gave up and asked at reception to be moved but the room they offered me was worse and had no other available. Considered sleeping in my car but thought that was a bit extreme after paying for the room.

Breakfast wasn’t anything like I expect at a PremierInn- I stay a lot at your other hotels and generally find them consistent. The coffee was simply hot water and instant. The continental breakfast was dire. There is a decent machine by the bar but that’s clearly too much trouble. Never staying again. Passed a hotel by the football stadium just up road, will try that next time.

Trip type: Travelled on business
WhitbreadHotels, Guest Relations at Premier Inn Bolton West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Hi James,

Thanks for your review.

I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your experience staying with us as it was not up to the standards you were expecting. We aim to ensure every stay is perfect and so I apologise we let you down on this occasion.

It is disappointing to hear that you found the smell of the newly refurbished room you were allocated as you felt it was overpowering. This certainly isn't the experience we would expect.

When rooms are refurbished, we do allow the correct time-frame for rooms to air-out before putting them on sale as instructed by the contractors so apologise this still affected your stay.

Please be assured your feedback has been logged to the Hotel Manager regarding this.

We're also sorry to hear you had a poor experience in the Greene King restaurant next door for breakfast. We would recommend contacting Greene King directly with your feedback so that their Customer Service team can follow this up with the Restaurant Manager.

You can fill in an online feedback form via the Greene King website under the 'Contact Us' page.

Once again I apologise for the disappointment caused and hope to welcome you to one of our other hotels again in the future.

Kind regards,