“Good honest food”
Review of Rice'n'three

Rice'n'three
Ranked #67 of 602 Restaurants in Bolton
Reviewed 19 December 2016

I have visited this place a few times and it really does what it says on the tin... It offers good, fresh, quality food at inexpensive prices..... served hot this concept works brilliantly well and has a consistent stream of customers dining as well as take outs.

If you want good honest grub then you really cannot go wrong with this tried and tested little eatery.

Well done rice n three - keep up the fantastic work!!!

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

Food was actually nice but the menu was so confusing.... I just said I'll have what he ordered in the end.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

I regularly visit rice and three when I'm in town lunch time. The food is great and very lovely to eat especially the kebabs and chicken tikka and is very reasonably priced try it you will love it.

Reviewed 23 October 2016 via mobile

I've been eating in rice n three since my early teens and still pop in whenever I pass through Bolton for lunch. I can honestly say that it's the best home style curry in town and personally I think the best curry overall. This is not a "restaurant" that serves the usual tikka masala and vindaloo, I prefer to think of it as a "greasy spoon" cafe with a twist. What you get here is real home style curries that haven't changed much since mum and dad used to steer the ship in the old premises around the corner and that is not a bad thing!

The menu changes depending on the day but you'll usually find a meat curry, an 'on the bone' curry and various vegetable dishes and dhal etc plus a good selection of kebabs and fresh baked breads.

I usually try my best to get in on Biriyani day which is something of treat when scooped up with a freshly baked naan or chapati, otherwise I usually opt for the namesake dish of rice and three portions of whatever looks the best!

The portions here are generous so if you're having the curry then give yourself plenty of time to enjoy it.

The curries are not the spice laden pungent Friday night takeaway variety, they are subtle, authentic, tasty and ideal for any day of the week.

As I mentioned, rice n three isn't a typical "Indian". You won't find potted plants, fish tanks, sitar music or bow tie sporting waiters and the premises is certainly less than pristine but what it lacks in style it more than makes up for with good honest food that's barely felt by the pocket.

Opening times are limited and don't expect to roll in after a night on the town but if you're a curry fan and you're after a hearty lunch or an early dinner then give it a go, this is the best in town.

1  Thank christos2k
Reviewed 15 October 2016

We visited this little family run restaurant in the heart of Bolton today and it was fabulous!

We browsed the endless opportunities before us and then set upon ordering at the til. We ordered rice with three of their meat curry options and a drink. For the hearty meal that was provided, it was only £5! I mean who can get an authentic meal cooked by professionals these days for a fiver?

My cousin had never been before and I introduced him to their kebab sandwich which was appropriately priced at around £2.50. He's a lover of spice and hot sauces and I recommended the hot sauce that came at the side of his meal.

Well.. let's just say that it gave him a run for his money and he hasn't stopped talking about it! He's set to return again for another in the week! I think he's now hooked just as much as me!

This place is ever-so-popular and you can tell why, .. it's not just the service, pricing or food. it's the place.. GO CHECK IT OUT!

1  Thank 444backpacker