All reviews old church bolton centre car park hotel restaurant reception staff function room business trip would stay again wedding party couple of nights lovely staff bit dated buffet style stayed here for one night evening meal tea and coffee saturday night
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The room was comfortable as was the wide bed. It was a bit dull as there were no ceiling lights and the bulb in the lamp standard was missing. I only noticed this when I put my hand under the lampshade to find the switch and nearly stuck my finger in the live light socket! The bulb was replaced immediately. The breakfast is self service and the staff on duty rather eager to clear away your half finished drinks when you go to get more food. The evening menu is good although they muddled the starter serving prawn cocktail rather than tiger prawns!

All in all it’s comfortable and friendly but could do better.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi nickrashtead,

Thanks for sharing feedback about your most recent stay. Although I am pleased to hear that you find your room comfortable, I am sorry that you find the aesthetics dull, our lampshade was also a missing light bulb and your breakfast experience was also a disappointment. Rest assured that your comments will serve as an encouragement, as we continuously strive to improve the quality of services offered to our guests.

Once more, thanks for leaving your thoughts and despite some setbacks, I hope you give us another chance to welcome you back soon.

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 October 2018

Location great but the rooms seem very tired. We were there only for one night and would only go back because of the location. Staff are very polite and couldn't fault them. If they updated the rooms this hotel would be amazing.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bolton Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi aumaison!

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. Glad to know you liked the convenient location of our hotel in the area and the friendliness of our staff. On the side note, I'm sorry that the condition of the room you received was not to your liking. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We'll use your feedback to improve the quality of our rooms and other facilities we offer.

Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 25 October 2018

This hotel is beginning to feel a little more like, home from home. I have stayed in this hotel a number of times and always enjoy the chance to return and enjoy the facilities which it as to offer plus it's location to Bolton city center. Plenty of parking from both an underground car park and an open one next to the hotel. The hotel rooms and bathrooms are very quiet, clean and the beds are very comfortable plus not forgetting the choice of soft or firm pillows really makes staying here a pleasant one. Free internet and a gym to work off the fantastic breakfast they offer is always a good way of starting the day. The view from some of the windows is not fantastic but the level of service makes up for that.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2018

Stayed at the hotel for one night, on check in we were told that our room would be 2 separate rooms, however i had booked interconnecting rooms having twin boys with us too. Staff were accommodating and found us the room we had booked after i had mentioned i had spoken to a lady the evening before to double check our booking. Our room was clean and just what we needed for the one night. Bathrooms were clean and the room was nice. The location is very central and so perfect if you there for a night out. We were attending a wedding at the hotel. Breakfast was also very nice, although the coffee machine ran out of coffee and the juice machine was dispensing a watery sort of orange juice. Other than that overall a great hotel.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2018

Stayed here several times in August/September for business. Found the hotel to be in a good central location, short walk to the city centre. The rooms I stayed in were all clean and had everything I needed. the only issue I had was one or two of the rooms I stayed in had a noisy fan in the bathroom that seemed to remain on permanently. the staff were really friendly and helpful - I dropped a pendant into the sink and they retrieved it for me very quickly. The car park is quite tight, but I never had any trouble finding a space.

Date of stay: August 2018