“Usual 'spoons”

Cuisines: British
Description: telephone: 01293.565335 postal code: RH10 1BU
Description: telephone: 01293.565335 postal code: RH10 1BU
Reviewed 2 October 2017

At least with Wetherspoons you know what you will get. We weren't disappointed either as all had excellent steaks and decent ales at a decent price too.

Pub M, General Manager at The Jubilee Oak, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your food and drinks. Thank you for taking the time to review us and feedback on your experience.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Visited for breakfast on route to shopping - were told 5 mins for food and it was half an hour. In reality I think the food was ready earlier and had sat to dry up under the hot plate and they'd forgotten it as it arrived minutes after I complained. My daughters plate was sourcing hot one side and stone cold the other - guess they hadn't fitted the whole thing under the warmer.
My eggs were like rubber with dried yokes - the beans had been dried into the plate.
When I ordered to food I was told my latte would also not be ready for a few minutes as they were changing the machine, fair enough, but when it was the barman walked all the way to my table to tell me my coffee was ready and I followed him across the large room to collect it - could he have not brought it to the table?
Not really the place for a family breakfast as the pub was full of hardened drinkers loud and swearing at 10.39 on a Sunday morning.?this is one Wetherspoon's I definitely won't come back to .

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback about your recent experience as this helps towards improving our level of service and with staff training.

I would like to apologise that on this occasion you didn't have a good experience in our establishment. We are always looking to improve on our customer experience so we hope that in the future you visit us again so we can have a second chance as providing the service and food quality that you should have received.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

We were staying one night between flights from Gatwick and stopped by at random. We used the app to order food and drinks -pleasantly surprised at that feature. We shared a platter, had the soup, a burger and the tikka masala. The drinks were brought by quickly, so was the starter. The waiter came to ask if we wanted the second round of food right away, we did. I thought the food came out in a decent amount of time, but the staff apologized for the delay.
The masala was delicious, I will try to find something comparable at home, but I doubt I ever will!
The outside of the pub was cute, the inside made me worry a bit as it is well used, but I couldn't complain about anything once the food arrived.
The other food was very good, the service was good, and I was very pleased with the selection of food to choose from. I found the prices to be very reasonable even after conversion from Canadian funds. If we are ever back in the area, I would insist on coming back!

Thank your for taking the time to review our pub and providing us with feedback about your experience. It's great to hear that you had such a positive experience.

We hope that next time you are in our area that you visit us again.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

I have always walked past during the day and saw all the 'regular' drinkers smoking and swearing out the front and thought I wouldn't be going in there in a hurry but we thought we would give it a go and popped in as a family for a late breakfast on a Friday morning and was very impressed.

For the 4 of us, including drinks it was under £20 and I asked to change a couple of things on our order which was done easily and without fuss.

We will be back!

It's great to hear that you had a pleasant experience and thank you for taking the time to review us and provide feedback.

We hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Called in twice over the weekend for bite to eat, (Saturday morning and Sunday teatime) Food usual Wetherspoons standard. Served quickly,
Pleased to find they had good range of bitter. Found staff pleasant enough.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide us with feedback.
It's good to hear that you enjoyed the ale selection as we are extremely passionate about our real ale.

We hope that you will come and visit us again soon.