Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Crawley
High Wycombe, Bucks, UK
“Good”
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

The rooms are clean and very nice- was very impressed and only couple of minor points- service at bar was slow as only 2 people on- when got into bed found bed had been partially made up so had to tuck sheet in. All in all it was good- very impressed with Reception staff particularly Katryzyna- also when waiting to change table booking one member of staff who was clearly going home made point of stopping to help even though off shift- really impressed with this- good meal deal in restaurant (2 courses for £12.50) - reasonable wine and food prices

• Stayed May 2012
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Gatwick Manor Royal.

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and were so impressed by the Team members you encountered. I am also pleased that you had an enjoyable meal in our lovely Thyme Restaurant, and at a very reasonable price.

I must apologise that your bed wasn't fully made when you arrived in your Room. This is clearly not acceptable and has been immediately fed back to the relevant people.

We look forward to welcoming you back sometime in the future.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
Sandwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2012

We took the G23 bus (GBP 3.20 p.p.) from platform 8 at the bus station, a long trek when you´re pulling suitcases. When will the airport authorities cover the walkway? It rains a lot in England!!! When you walk into the hotel, don´t look for a typical bar-like reception - it consists of two small desks to the right of the entrance. The receptionist (Russian?) was extremely friendly and helpful. At first our room was cold, but a call to reception rectified the situation. The rooms are fairly basic, but adequate. Flatscreen TV provided. Wi-fi broadband costs GBP 3 for 24 hours. Dinner was not too bad - again friendly service. My cooked English breakfast was lukewarm - the "fried" eggs appear to be baked and not appetising at all, but the buffet offers a wide range of choices. All in all reasonable value and recommendable

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 2 May 2012

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am especially delighted about your kind words regarding the Team. I know they always appreciate such lovely feedback and are grateful when their hard work is recognised.

I must apologise that you found the cooked part of our Premier Breakfast to be cold, a completely unacceptable state of affairs. Please be assured that this isn't usually the case and we would be eager to welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal to rectify this failing.

Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

What a fantastic start to our holiday, myself and my family, 10 of us in total stayed at this hotel the night before flying to Florida from gatwick, the hotel was spotlessly clean and welll maintained, the beds were very comfy and the rooms were all well equipt, clean and fresh. the bathroom was clean and immaculate as was the rest of the hotel. We had a family room with A double bed and 2 single beds. I was impressed with the security at the hotel, barriers alowwing you in and out of the carpark and you couldnt access the stairwells or lifts without your room key, which gives you peace of mind as a holiday maker that your money and passports are safe in you hotel room,each room had a safe aswell for added security.The thyme restaurant was lovely the food was superb and excellent value for money with 2 courses for £12.50 at this price you would expect rubbish food but it was really nice. The staff in the restaurant were fantastic, the kept the children entertained with colouring competitions and took them off to the bar to make cocktails all free of charge. They even checked that our flight was on time and offered to open the bar at 5.00am to make us a costa coffee before leaving the following morning. The service, quality and value for money at this hotel was superb and I will definitely be visiting this hotel again. Fantastic hotel fantastic staff.

Stayed April 2012
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2012

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and felt safe and secure at all times on the premises. We treat the security of our Guests with the utmost importance and I am so glad that this was evident during your time here.

I am especially delighted that you found the Team to be so friendly and helpful. They all work really hard to ensure our Guests have the best possible experience at Gatwick Manor Royal and I know how much they enjoy reading such wonderful feedback.

Everyone here really looks forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Asheville, NC
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Room rate looked great, but with cost of taxis to and from the airport, it was not really a good deal. There are no restaurants close by, so we were stuck with the hotel restaurants. They were okay but did not have a range of choices I would have liked to see for the children. Rooms are basic fare. Check-in was a hassle. Price quoted by hotel staff for taxi to airport was incorrect.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2012

Please accept my sincere apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your stay. I am sorry to learn that we quoted incorrect prices for the taxi to the Airport. The taxi company we regularly use recently changed their pricing structure and I assume that this is from where the confusion arose. Again, I am very sorry that this happened.

If we do have the opportunity to welcome you back to Gatwick Manor Royal again, please be aware that the G23 shuttle bus serves the Hotel from both the North and South Terminals of the Airport for the reasonable fare of £3.20.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Lincolnshire
Reviewed 23 April 2012

After a long drive down to Gatwick, I was delighted to find this hotel easily; park easily; straight in and up to the room with an absolute minimum of fuss; last minute meal just before the restaurant closed, and a relaxing drink in the bar. A short, simple drive in the morning to the airport car park and I was really pleased I'd also booked the hotel for a night on our return. When we got back a week later we were greeted like valued friends. And all at a very reasonable price. If I ever need to be in this area again, I know where I'm going to stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SJM222
PawelSleczka, Manager at Premier Inn London Gatwick Airport (Manor Royal) Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2012

I am delighted you enjoyed both evenings you spent with us and found the Hotel to be such great value.

Your kind words indicate that your experience of the Hotel and our Thyme Restaurant was one of maximum comfort with a minimum of fuss and I am so pleased that you will look to stay with us the next time you're in the Gatwick area.