“A Very Pleasant Experience...!!!”

The Shakespeare Inn
Ranked #45 of 325 Restaurants in Telford
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2017

A ride out to Iron-bridge on Saturday 22nd April... with the Grandson in tow
{20 Months Old} and hungry Pam and I found ourselves on the car park of,
The Boat Inn. at Iron-bridge So... decided this would be a good a place as any for some lunch.

Alas... this was not the case? Due to a burst pipe... the kitchen and the Pub were closed temporarily...??? Mmmm, Now what? Pam spotted another Pub just over the other side of the river... The Shakespeare Inn... and so we ventured over!!!

Wow... are we happy that we did. What a great place... Being a really warm sunny day and having Baby Noah with us we opted to sit inside to eat.

Well... I can't fault The Pub, The Service, The Food or the Price...!!!
It would be very rude of me Not give "The Shakespeare Inn" High Street Coalport a mention in a review...!!!

This was a great chance find, one that happens rarely these days... Ps I can definitely recommend The Fish & Chips. My fish was like a baby whale... and as you know by now... I Love Fish. "Result all Round"

Reviewed 28 April 2017

.Was recommended this inn by a local,very good service and beautiful meals.very friendly and clean,more than you could eat. Would certainly try staying there if visiting the area again. Whole area is amazing

Reviewed 17 April 2017

we visited on the recommendation of friends who live in the area. we went for an tea with two small children ( 2 and 3 years )

on our arrival it was fairly quite, and the staff were pleasant. we ordered starters and mains. after a bit of a delay, the food came out and it was fine - usual pub food, no complaints. ( the chorizo on rosti was amazing ! )

after about an hour and a half it was really busy and the attitude of the staff changed dramatically . we asked for ice cream for the children and waited.....20 minutes. we asked again and waited. and again ! then someone came over and asked if he could take our dessert order. we said that we had asked three times for the kids ice cream and it really wasn't fair on them, could this please be done first. don't think this is unreasonable.

sometime after this we asked our waitress ( who had been lovely until it got busy ) if we could order some desserts, for my wife to be told " you will have to wait, I do have other tables you know" in a very rude and abrupt manner.

I wasn't happy with this and went to the bar to speak to a manager. there were three members of staff changing a till roll whilst customer queued from the bar to the door of the pub. when I spoke to the manager ( young chap with beard) he told me that we had been rude - but couldn't explain how ( as he hadn't even witnessed the incident ) I told him he needed to justify this and couldn't just say it - he then decided he needed to check the till roll again and make a phone call, hiding behind a pillar.

I advised him that I wasn't going to leave this and he needed to address the complaint and deal with it, not hope it would go away. when he spoke to my wife, she asked him exactly how it was rude to order dessert ? ( no one had been rude to any members of staff ) he then apologised and said he hoped we would visit again - to which I said we wouldn't - and he replied " well that's up to you chief "

you might want to make sure that the staff you employ can cope when it gets busy and aren't blatantly rude to customers. your manager needs some coaching on customer service and conflict resolution and needs not to call customers " chief". he also needs to take responsibility as he is an ambassador for your organisation and he has the attitude that he just doesn't really care ( chief )

ps. your disabled toilet is blocked by stored boxes and chairs :-)

5  Thank Kev H
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyable meal had by my family. Lovely welcoming atmosphere and a great selection of food on offer. Parking wasn't great however the meal and company out weighed this issue. Highly recommended

Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

We have been here a few times and I have never had a complaint about the food. The portion sizes are huge and it's always lovely. They do a half size adult portion of their curry for my daughter and even that's huge but she always eats it.