“Lubberly Japanese Restaurant”

Kenzo 72 Lounge Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #54 of 457 Restaurants in Swindon
Price range: US$21 - US$41
Description: Lounge Bar & Kitchen | Contemporary Asian Fusion | Hot Stone Steak | Sushi | Oriental Tapas | Champagne | Cocktails | Wine
Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My dyslexia has often caught me out. Like the time I stayed up to watch 'Doctor Zhivago' on TV only to be really puzzled why it wasn't set in Chicago! This week we eagerly ventured into town to see 'Fantastic Breasts and Where To Find Them''. . but I soon realised that my dyslexia had let me down again!

So when my lovely nurse said we were going to try Kenzo 72 afterwards, I anticipated the excitement of joining a new 70's martial arts class. I was surprised when we arrived at a newish Japanese restaurant in Old Town . . although it actually turned out to be a very good one indeed.

Easy to park nearby and we were given a warm welcome and a nice table. I thoroughly enjoyed the succulent tender steak that you slice and cook yourself on a type of fondue grill that's brought to your table. It was lovely and not that expensive. You must fry it!!

1  Thank JeffArundell

Reviewed 26 September 2016

A party of 12 visited this place and we were impressed with the service and the quality of food. A really enjoyable experience

1  Thank 1965rover
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Visited hear with family for a 21st Birthday Meal. Couldn't fault the food, absolutely amazing. The steaks are incredible, served to you with a hot plate so you can cook your steak according to how you prefer. Other dished were just as amazing, with everyone at the table complementing both their starters and mains. Ample variety of cocktails on cocktail list, tasted amazing also. Would definitely recommend to everyone to take a visit.

1  Thank Jodie B
Reviewed 22 September 2016

I honestly didn't expect to experience a restaurant like this outside of Bath!

I was very impressed with the decor when I walked in, remembering the standard, rather grotty nightclub it used to be. The atmosphere and lighting gives a very 'nightlife' feel without making it too dark inside.
The service was very friendly and professional and the furniture is in good condition considering the hot-plates sizzling towards the tables each evening.

I ordered haloumi to start and their recommended Argentinian steak for my main meal. The fillet steak was priced at £21.00 but was worth every penny. The meat was top quality and very succulent and what an idea it is to have hot plates be delivered to your table so you can cook and season your cut of meat to your own liking.

The desserts could be improved as I could only see Sticky Toffee pudding or crackers being the only options that didn't involve fruit.

The location of the restaurant itself is ideal as it is right next the bustling Wood Street full of pubs/clubs and shares a car park with the Swindon Arts Centre so you can have your meal before or after a show.

Large OR small groups can be easily catered for, and I would suggest making a reservation if Friday or Saturday dining is planned.

2  Thank Matt H
Reviewed 18 September 2016

Visited here on a Friday night around 6pm. It was quiet as expected and the staff were very friendly and happy on arrival. They seated us and got our drinks, offered advice with the menu which was that extra mile service.
We had the sharing platter for 2- The calamari was amazing! lovely and tender and a lovely sauce to go with. My partner also raved about the BBQ ribs.
I'm sure we will be back very soon. Would def recommend!

2  Thank Roseanne20