All reviews sorbet afternoon tea finger sandwiches jam and cream fruit scones cake stand wedding meal public rooms country house large room lovely surroundings only stayed one night visited this hotel sunday lunch the main hotel waiting staff executive room
Reviewed 8 July 2018

We visited for afternoon tea today and was extremely disappointed with what we were served. We were expecting what was shown on the web site, but it was nothing like it. The sorbet was delicious, sandwiches average ( not enough ) scones nice but the cakes very disappointing. We were served two sponge slices one a Victoria sponge and one Black Forest , there was barely any filling in them, we had to put jam and cream in ourselves from the scones to add taste and a brownie ( l wouldn't call that a selection )
I complained to the duty manager who took our complaint to the chief. He returned and offered us a complementary drink which we accepted. I was then presented with a flat procecoo, my husband then took it back and I was given another glass which was fine. May l suggest that you offer more than just sponge cakes, marangue, eclair, macaroons, fruit cake. We have been for afternoon teas on many occasions and always loved the variety of cakes. It is such a shame as the setting is perfect and it could so easily by rectified if desired. I can see from past reviews that I am not the only one that feels like this, if the messages have been passed onto the chief then why has nothing changed !
I only wish we had read the reviews before coming. Very disappointing, I would not recommend

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kirbs2016
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed here as I have a monthly meeting in Marlborough.
It's taken me a while to find a descent hotel locally.
Nice property and gardens, staff friendly, food nice and good WiFi.
Will return next month. Room decor slightly dated but perfectly clean.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Galleywench100
John P, Owner at Chiseldon House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thank you for your review and your positive comments. I am delighted you will be returning next month, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Had a nice stay went for the afternoon tea which was good,nice selection of teas,cakes and sandwiches.Because we travelled a long way we decided to stay overnight,room was nice and spacious and breakfast was ok.may use in the future

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased you enjoyed Afternoon Tea and your short break with us. I hope we welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Staff very friendly and welcoming, room felt a bit dated with regard to furniture and fittings but tied in to the buildings age, bathtub was past its best with signs of age and staining I personally wouldn't of taken a soak in it, tiles cracked around sink area and plug broken, wooden toilet seat looked worn and really are not that hygienic these days.
A ok stay overall but at £100 a night it should be better

Trip type: Travelled with family
John P, Owner at Chiseldon House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Thank you for your review. I am pleased you found our staff friendly and welcoming. We are on a staged refurbishment programme and have noted your comments regarding the rooms for the next stages of our plan. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2018

Lovely quiet setting, very comfortable (firm) bed, well appointed and very clean large room (a bit dated) excellent dinner and good English breakfast, very helpfu staff - all in all, very good value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your overnight stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.