All reviews superior room two double beds mini bar leisure club good size breakfast was excellent air con leisure facilities steam room restaurant staff reception desk changing rooms quiet location short stay would stay again reception area friday night
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Went to the Marriott for Easter lunch. Very pleasant staff, attentive and friendly. However the lunch was a buffet style roast dinner with very few trimmings. Yorkshire puddings appeared cooked from frozen (think of aunt Bessie’s but not as good!). Only vegetarian option was gnocchi with no vegetarian gravy available, therefore my daughter was unable to have a roast dinner and had to settle for gnocchi and vegetables, a very unusual mixture. Quality of the food was distinctly average. The beef was dry and the lamb fatty. Dessert was an extremely tasteless bread and butter pudding or a creme caramel that was inedible. Also seemed to have issues keeping the gravy topped up for the number of customers as witnessed one man seemingly very confused about whether they were able to provide him with any gravy at all! I was under the impression that the Marriott was a luxury brand but having attended this meal I realise that this is far from the case.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Ian P
Savio F, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Ian P,

Thank you for your recent review of Swindon Marriott Hotel on Trip Advisor.

Our guest feedback is very important to us and we are delighted to read that you found the staff friendly and attentive however we sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations.

We have shared your valued feedback regarding the Easter Lunch with our Restaurant and Bar Manager and Executive Chef to ensure that we take corrective action to assist us in delivering exceptional guest experiences. Please accept our apologies.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we do hope the issues with the Cast Iron Lunch will not deter you from visiting again in the future.

Thank you for choosing the Swindon Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here one night in March 2018 during a UK road trip. We found it easily and parking is free.

We stay in Marriotts regularly all around the world, and this one is a bit "mom and pop" by comparison. The check in process is somewhat different to every other Marriott - as Platinum card holders, we normally receive a check in gift and are offered free breakfast. We normally receive "Elite" room keys. We are normally thanked for being Rewards members and for our loyalty. But non of that here. It is like no one attended the Marriott training class, and no one from Marriott came here to audit the place.

All that said, this is a very clean and comfortable hotel. We would stay again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen A

Dear Stephen A,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel, my sincere apologies for the shortcomings with your check in process.

We would like to assure you that we continually strive to ensure we deliver an excellent experience for our guests however we are really disappointed to read that we have not met your expectations on this visit.

Furthermore, We always make sure our Platinum members are recognised and feel privileged. Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority.

Moreover, we really appreciate your kind words about the overall cleanliness of the hotel.

We are delighted to read that you would choose to stay with us whenever your travel brings you back to Swindon. Could you please kindly contact the hotel prior to your arrival so that we can ensure your requirements are met.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Swindon Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I would never have chose the Marriot but it was a prize , so off we went for Sunday lunch . The place itself looks nice and the staff were all extremely helpful and happy ! The lunch itself was excellent quality, there was pork And beef there plus new and roast potatoes with carrots and broccoli. The dessert was Apple crumble or chocolate mousse. All off the food really was excellent , if in had one criticism it would be the choice could have been a little more . I will go back and would recommend anybody to go

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Savio F, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear Adrian T,

Thank you for your recent review of Swindon Marriott Hotel.

Our guest feedback is very important to us and we are delighted to read that you found the staff friendly however we are disappointed to read about the overall choices for our Sunday Lunch. We have passed your valued feedback to our Restaurant and Bar Manager and the Executive Chef to ensure we improve the service we provide for our guests.

We would like to thank you for recommending us to friends and family.

The entire team at Swindon Marriott Hotel hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again, in the not so distant future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My review may be a little harsh as I am comparing this with all the other marriott brand hotels I stayed with in big cities such as Paris, Shanghai etcs. The hotel is a little difficult to find as there was lack of signage (especially coming via town). The sat nav will guide you through a short tunnels and then down the alleyway before you see the intel office block which is next to the hotel. The car park can be a little too far if you are coming with children with all their luggages. The front of the hotel, there is a picnic area/smoking area just next to the front entrance which is more suitable for a certain budget chain. The reception has three check in desks which is adequate but it is double up as a small shops selling can of pops and chargers etc which is “different” from its norm. The check in process was slow as they weren’t able to find my booking, I have to resend my confirmation to them and they have to find it manually among the paper confirmation. I totally understand that things can go wrong but it is how you deal with it that matters (.i.e to offer me a sit in the lobby which their shanghai colleague managed when similar thing happened especially with a small child). There are other small things such as having to call down to reception for my free WiFi which need better organisation. The room was ok and so was breakfast. In short will I stay again ? I will because it is the only hotel in town with a swimming pool but if it wasn’t the iconic portrait of the Marriott brothers I would not know it is Marriott.....

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Jackson F
Savio F, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Dear Jackson F,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay at the hotel, my sincere apologies for the shortcomings with your stay.

We can assure you this is not the normal standard of service at Swindon Marriott Hotel so it is disappointing that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion.

We are very grateful for your feedback, which assists us in improving the service we provide for our guests.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback. We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Swindon.

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

On a business trip near Swindon, I stayed there for one night. The room was in a perfect state. The bed was very confortable and there was no noise. A large free parking is available. The staff was lovely and breakfast was varied and good. It is a 10 min walk from the old town.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Savio F, Guest Relations Manager at Swindon Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2018

Dear Ahmad B,

Thank you for having stayed with us and for having taken the time to review Swindon Marriott on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read that you had such a nice stay and that you found our staff friendly and breakfast offerings were up to your expectations.