All reviews assembly rooms car park cathedral quarter discounted parking derby city centre air con check in was easy multi storey thyme restaurant perfect location great nights sleep blackout curtains member of staff quiet room bars and restaurants comfy bed comfortable stay
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This is our third visit to this premier inn, and whilst checking in the man on reception actually recognised us!
As usual found the staff we dealt with very pleasant and polite, we didn’t use any of the services on this occasion but we had a wonderful nights sleep.
Only one concern and that is that the air-conditioning unit only goes as low as 19 degrees which would be a bit of an issue come summer time, other than that a pleasant stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I used to really like this hotel but checked in last night - 2 key cards popped out machine no problem on automatic check-in. I went to my room to find neither key would open the door. Back (with all my bags) to reception for 2nd visit and spoke to staff who gave me 2 new key cards. Back to room 2nd time and got in only to find that both heating and aircon not working!! Back to reception 3rd time and by this time I'm not a happy bunny!! 3rd attempt got into another room that key cards worked and heating worked also. Not exactly what you want when recovering from flu and after a long train journey!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ellie59W
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival staff are very positive, friendly and welcoming! Credit to Premier Inn.

Check-in was easy and was staying with them for 2 nights. The price I paid for the 2 nights were great especially on New Year’s Eve!

Room was spotless, well presented and great comfy bed! What I also like about premier inn is the late checkout times of 12noon which is great.

All staff I spoke whether it was people working on reception / restaurant area to house keeping were really friendly and chatty with guests. Wishing customers a happy New Year and asking if they enjoyed there stay which I thought was a nice touch.

Breakfast was good value for money and had a large choice of items to choose from including drinks ranging from tea, coffee, orange juice right through to smoothies.

Breakfast was enjoyable and the food was good quality.

The team at premier inn cathedral quarter are a credit to premier inn and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JKirkham6
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night for a night out in Derby with friends.
We were met by a very friendly lady when we checked in. The room itself was very nice with a lovely comfy bed. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and it was also nice and warm.
We parked in the car park opposite and we validated our ticket at the hotel so the parking was only £8.00.
On check out we were also met by a really friendly gentleman.
I would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 3 January 2018

We stayed at the Premier Inn in Derby,
Really lovely hotel, The staff were very friendly & very attentive to the hotel guests,
The room was very clean & well presented,
We paid £24.99 per person for 2 course evening meal with a drink & a full English breakfast, very good value, We arrived at the restaurant a little early but that was no issue for the staff, The Lady took our order so it was ready to be prepared for spot on 6pm but them the chef came through & said he would start it the minute he had finished his prep, We had Thai fish cakes & tempura prawns followed by a Sirloin steak beautifully cooked & presented, Breakfast was to the same standard, There is a council run car park opposite the hotel, you get your ticket & reception validate it for you, it cat us £8.70 for just short of 24hrs which I thought to be very reasonable,
I fully recommend this hotel to any one visiting Derby,

Room Tip: The church opposite the hotel had bells ringing but you couldn’t hear them in the hotel,
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple