“Comfortable Stay”

Premier Inn Derby City Centre (Cathedral Quarter)
Ranked #2 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Just what you'd expect from a Premier Inn. Checked in online so only needed to put my surname into the machine and the room key came out... not particularly sure how much time that saves as I'm sure that's all you have to do anyway. Parked in the Assembly Rooms opposite, 20% discount if you tell the hotel, which is good.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

This is our third visit to this premier inn, and whilst checking in the man on reception actually recognised us!
As usual found the staff we dealt with very pleasant and polite, we didn’t use any of the services on this occasion but we had a wonderful nights sleep.
Only one concern and that is that the air-conditioning unit only goes as low as 19 degrees which would be a bit of an issue come summer time, other than that a pleasant stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I used to really like this hotel but checked in last night - 2 key cards popped out machine no problem on automatic check-in. I went to my room to find neither key would open the door. Back (with all my bags) to reception for 2nd visit and spoke to staff who gave me 2 new key cards. Back to room 2nd time and got in only to find that both heating and aircon not working!! Back to reception 3rd time and by this time I'm not a happy bunny!! 3rd attempt got into another room that key cards worked and heating worked also. Not exactly what you want when recovering from flu and after a long train journey!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Ellie59W
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival staff are very positive, friendly and welcoming! Credit to Premier Inn.

Check-in was easy and was staying with them for 2 nights. The price I paid for the 2 nights were great especially on New Year’s Eve!

Room was spotless, well presented and great comfy bed! What I also like about premier inn is the late checkout times of 12noon which is great.

All staff I spoke whether it was people working on reception / restaurant area to house keeping were really friendly and chatty with guests. Wishing customers a happy New Year and asking if they enjoyed there stay which I thought was a nice touch.

Breakfast was good value for money and had a large choice of items to choose from including drinks ranging from tea, coffee, orange juice right through to smoothies.

Breakfast was enjoyable and the food was good quality.

The team at premier inn cathedral quarter are a credit to premier inn and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank JKirkham6
Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night for a night out in Derby with friends.
We were met by a very friendly lady when we checked in. The room itself was very nice with a lovely comfy bed. The room was very clean as was the bathroom and it was also nice and warm.
We parked in the car park opposite and we validated our ticket at the hotel so the parking was only £8.00.
On check out we were also met by a really friendly gentleman.
I would definitely stop here again.

Stayed: December 2017