All reviewsassembly roomscar parkcathedral quarterdiscounted parkingderby city centreair concheck in was easymulti storeythyme restaurantperfect locationgreat nights sleepblackout curtainsquiet roomfew minutes walkbars and restaurantsall you can eatsaturday night
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I booked two rooms for Saturday night at premier inn Derby City Centre for myself and three others.
We arrived around 8:50pm after having been travelling all day and we decided we would eat and have some drinks in the hotel restaurant before we went off to bed.

We came in and the gentleman on the hotel desk said we could still order food as we had 5 minutes and so we placed our order before we checked into the hotel.
After ordering we popped our bags upstairs and came back down, asked a "large" man who seemed to be rather abrupt where he would like us to sit and he said “anywhere” he appeared to be screwing us as soon as we walked in.
Sat down and a waitress took our order, 2 beers, 1 spirit and a J20…
Then the abrupt man from the bar came over and demanded our ID’s which wasn’t a problem as we are all of age but one of the girls had to get her ID from upstairs, he stormed off and demanded we came up to the bar with them which is
unreasonable as it is a restaurant and they should come over to us. After telling him we had our ID’s and to come over he said don’t get lippy and he started raising his voice which was threatening and told us we weren’t getting any drinks now.
My girlfriend and my friends partner felt uncomfortable so I decided it was best for us to leave and go elsewhere for dinner.

Later on when we got the extra pillows off the shelf in our room we also found an old cigarette packet with broken up tobacco falling out which was pretty disgusting as we don’t smoke.

This experience continued throughout our evening and we could not settle most of the night despite being knackered and we felt we could not come down for breakfast.

I did speak to the gentleman on reception in the morning and I don’t like complaining but he forwarded me onto the customer service who never replied.
I am generally disappointed about the whole experience and disgusted by way we were spoken to by their employee as I had a good opinion about premier inn having stayed at different locations before.

Absolute disgrace i would not recommend to anybody especially the restaurant! First and last time we will be stopping off at derby.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
WhitbreadHotels, other at Premier Inn Derby City Centre (Cathedral Quarter), responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Hi Josh

Thank you for your feedback.

I am very sorry to read of the unacceptable way that you were treated by a member of staff at the Thyme Restaurant at Derby City Centre (Cathedral Quarter). This is definitely not how we expect for our guests to be treated and please be assured that your comments have been forwarded on to the hotel management team so that we may carry out staff retraining.

I would also like to apologise for your room not being cleaned properly. We aim to provide a clean environment for our guests and it is disappointing that you didn't experience this. This will also be reported to the team so that we may improve our service.

We hope that your experience hasn't put you off staying with Premier Inn in future and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Abdullah

Reviewed 25 December 2017

Nice central location, car park opposite. Hotel gave 20 % discount on car park. Cost for parking was £7.00. Hotel and the room was excellent, extrely clean and comfortable.

Easy to find just off pentagon A52

Highly recommended

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Came here for Christmas breakfast with my colleagues. We didn't pre book the table but staff were immediately attentive to our service.
They decorated the table and put some complimentary sweets there too.

Food was top notch with a wide range of breakfast items. Impressive!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Close enough to main part of city, without being disturbed by late night noise. Hotel is new so looks fresh. Only downside is closest car park, as not the best, although cheap for city centre. Will use again if ever staying in Derby.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2017

Once a super shiny Premier inn. Sadly housekeeping is letting it down. Rooms comfortable enough but cleanliness and presentation not top of the list for them. We had one bath towel that had makeup stains on it so had to ask for it to be changed - the sink was cracked and there were stains on the carpet and on the furniture. Staff were great though and helped resolve the towel issue. Great location.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family