1,509 results
All reviews chatsworth house train station evening meal car park first morning both mornings lovely hotel tea and coffee enjoyable stay single room christmas party self service bar area city centre weekend break full english breakfast was excellent
Reviewed 18 March 2018

We had a lovely stay at Hallmark Hotel Derby. The hotel was well decorated, the food at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast was delicious and the staff were very friendly. We were given a nice room with a view of the garden. The staff were happy to accommodate us in whatever way they could. The car parking was close although there is a small charge. Very happy we stayed here.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HallmarkGM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you for your four star review, it really is a pleasure to be of service to you and the team really do respond to your positive feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

Our 4th time staying at this lovely hotel. Stayed as a couple we were in derby to see comedian John Bishop at Derby Arena. Excellent value for money, booked in December the deal was 2 nights dinner, bed and breakfast for two £133. For booking direct with the hotel it entitled us to two complimentary drinks from the bar, much appreciated as the drinks here are rather expensive.
Hotel is directly across the road from derby railway station, so excellent location but has a decent sized chargeable car park.
Room extremely clean and comfortable. Bathroom had a bath and separate shower cubicle.
Food throughout our stay was very good , excellent buffet breakfast.
All staff we came into contact with were professional, friendly and extremely helpful.
Unfortunately I was having to use a crutch due to a recent injury, staff were very kind and made sure table etc were suitable for me and bar staff carrying our drinks to the table for us, very much appreciated. I noted that staff were extremely helpful with other guests that needed any assistance.
Thankyou to all staff for a lovely weekend once again.
Sharon and Gavin jones

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Sharon and Gavin,Thank you for your five star review, it really is a pleasure to be of service to you and the team really do respond to your positive feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I was there as a guest to the wedding and had a lovely time! The venue was lovely as was the staff, we had Martyna who made us feel welcome and looked after. Good WiFi and a nice reception, I recommend this hotel - would go again.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your five star review. It really is encouraging when staff are complimented by name and you are quite right Martyna is a shining star in our banqueting team. We are very proud of her and the efforts and lenghts she goes to to give our guests a genuine experience of being in a home of great hospitality. Delighted to read that you had a lovely time at the wedding.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

where can i start, before we get to the hotel for check in, i always call the hotel we are staying at in advance to make sure everything is OK and set. for this particular stay i called the hotel to find out if all is well and set, but then i asked what their procedure was in regards to paying deposit, or no deposit or if we can pay for our stay at check out, only because i was getting paid the next day of check in, and we were staying for 3 nights at this hotel. they person i spoke to was a male and he said that we could pay for our stay at check out.
it was perfect for us as we were still waiting to be paid from work the next day, as i said before, and then he said that our booking was right and set. on our arrival to the hotel, we started the check in process and when it got to the payment part, i told the girl at check in ( who's name i cant remember, wish i could) that i had called earlier that day to ask about the payment process and i was talking to a gent and he said we could pay at check out. let me include that two of our friends that we came to visit was with us at check in. the lady at check in embarrassed us really badly by raising her voice and telling me repeatedly that, their procedure was payment at check in, please bear in mind that i only rang the hotel before check in to check what that procedure was, to make sure we knew before we headed to the hotel. if we had known that it was payment at check in, we would have sourced the money before we got there. knowing what the Gent told me, made me more frustrated, as the lady at check out kept arguing with me.

she then rang the number that i had called earlier to find out who i spoke to about their payment procedure, she then spoke to the same guy that i had spoke to earlier, who then told her that he did indeed tell me payment at check out. he then asked her since when as the procedure been payment before check in , she then said to him, since the business started. after she got of the phone with him, she then lied to my face that he said he hadnt told me that. i couldnt stop laughing, because i heard her conversation. she then continued to argue with me, and embarrass us in front of our friends, at this stage i was tired and frustrated at her and the way she was treating us as guest.

Anywas the worst part is that my husband requested to speak to a member of management team, before we left, we went to the reception twice to request to speak to someone about the incident. No one bothered to get back in touch with us.

I then got an email to leave a review after our stay at the hotel, i filled the review form that they sent to my email, and i wrote exactly how i felt in the review, but still noone sent an email, or got in contact with us after the review i wrote via email. no management got in contact back with us.

Also i waited 1 month before i wrote this review to see if anyone will contact us back, but we still haven't heard anything yet.

___Hotel Decor___
* the hotel is an old hotel, so don't expect anything modern in it, the decor was old, rust kind of decor.

__Cleanness___
* It was OK in cleanness, the corners of the shower on the other hand, wasn't very clean, you could see black spots on the edges.

__Staff___
* Staff was rude, the only person that smiled at us, talk less say hi during our stay the cleaning lady.
* Management couldn't even do their job to make sure their guest were happy with the service that they received.

___Location__
* The only good thing about this hotel was that it is very central, the shopping center is a walking distance and the train station was right across the road.

Would i stay here again?? NO!!!
I would explore my other options!!!

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank MrsDosu
Reviewed 10 March 2018

The hotel is centrally located has nice and comfortable rooms.
The rooms were very warm and clean and this is what you need in a cold winter's night. Breakfast was excellent. Debbie in reception and all the other staff were great.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your five star review. It really is encouraging when staff are complimented by name and you are quite right Debbie is a shining star in our front of house team. We are very proud of her and the efforts and lenghts she goes to to give our guests a genuine experience of being in a home of great hospitality. We all look forward to welcoming you back in to our home soon.