All reviews pancake machine executive room business park health club swimming pool leisure facilities sofa bed the ground floor breakfast was excellent reception staff sauna and steam room bar and restaurant evening meal hotel is situated decent size forest of dean family room
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Once we found the hotel the staff were very welcoming. The room was clean and had everything we needed for one night.we used the leisure facilities sadly the jazzui wasn't working.The sauna door didn't shut properly,you need old pound coins or a trolley key for the lockers.The menu was a good price with 3 courses for 20 sadly no mushrooms for the starters.Breaksfast was help yourself plenty of choice.The hotel did what it said in the description.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hi MumP65,

Your insights are important to us and we appreciate your visit to our hotel. I am sorry to know that you experienced inconvenience regarding the Jacuzzi and sauna door function. Your concerns are important and have been forwarded to the hotel management and maintenance team directly as these are essential for us to improve guest experience as we constantly live up to our brand standards.

On the positive side, I appreciate your wonderful remarks regarding our accommodating staff and clean room you received as we always strive to provide impeccable services and memorable accommodations.

Despite the imperfections of your stay, we hope that you will still consider staying with IHG for your future travels. Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and for staying with us.

Best,

Zel N.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

This hotel had helpful staff and was clean, however our room was very dated (walnut furniture) and the bedroom was as wide as the double bed plus two bedside tables, with a chair, desk and drawers at the bottom of the bed by the time you have used the ensuite and built in wardrobe space.
The swimming pool was warm, with a small childrens pool attached, plus a sauna and steam room but the jacuzzi was out of action - which disappointing as it was one of the reasons we had chosen to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hi Thisisour0pinion!

It was our pleasure hosting your stay here in Gloucester, and thanks for sharing your experience! While we're very happy about your appreciation for our clean rooms and cordial hotel staff, we're sorry about the issues on our guestroom update and limited space. We also regret that you weren't able to enjoy our pool Jacuzzi because of maintenance. Everybody here wants each of our guests to leave with great memories. You can be sure your comments will be taken into consideration when making decisions about our future upgrades.

Once again, thanks for your time in posting your feedback, and I hope we have the opportunity to show you an experience that aligns with the many 5-star reviews we receive every week.

Safe travels,

Gian M

Reviewed 27 January 2018

My favourite hotel in the Gloucester-Cheltenham area. Not the most luxurious hotel in the area, but certainly the friendliest and most helpful service.

They seem to be very/completely full nowadays Monday-Wednesday - so my one night stay was much more expensive than if I had stayed at the weekend.

Great for disabled/blue-badge drivers (eg me) - a good number/ratio of disabled parking spaces and never occupied by some able-bodied idiot's sports/luxury car (which unfortunately happens at many other hotels).

Breakfast (room-service) was good - I especially liked the bacon.

Some of the rooms are still quite tired (I think they are currently mid-way through a refurb) but Reception can lend you a multi-point plug if you need more electrical sockets.

I mentioned at check-out that the bath took ages to fill (surprising as the water pressure for the basin was fine), I expect that 30 minutes later a plumber was sorting out the bath taps - it's that sort of hotel.

And they still have a few smoking rooms!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for providing us with some great feedback from your time with us.

I am delighted that you find our hotel very friendly and with helpful service, this is great comments that the team will be pleased to hear.

In regards to a refurbishment we are due an extensive one in at the end of this year, and will bring the hotel decor up to date and more modern.

Thank you for bringing to our attention about the bath taps, I can assure you we would have had someone look at that as soon as possible.

I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night. Clean and comfortable and well located for major roads. Food good but the reason for my “average” rating is the service quality in the restaurant. Despite not being busy staff seem disinterested in attending to guests - both at dinner and breakfast. Decent place to stay but could do better. Everything else was as one would expect at holiday inn chain

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2018

Hello Craig M,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you found our hotel clean an comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry to learn about the level of service provided by our staff. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

This is definitely one of the old holiday inns and is in dire need of renovation in places. Dirty stair wells, bannisters which move on the stairs, sticky carpets, small dark uncomfortable rooms - time for some work.

No lift - so for those who can’t manage stairs easily, tough. That’s the gist of what I was told.

As a spire member - don’t expect any upgrades at this hotel. The app was showing plenty of free rooms, but on enquiring was told hotel was full - it plainly wasn’t.
What is the point of a loyalty scheme that is told to expect upgrades when rooms available when hotels ignore that.

Try the Express in town, you know what you are getting there.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
OperationsMK, Manager at Holiday Inn Gloucester - Cheltenham, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am truly sorry that you did not have the experience that we hoped you would have had and that this was mainly down to the condition of the hotel. I am pleased to say that we are receiving an extensive refurbishment at the end of this year which will bring the hotel up to date and improve the condition.

In terms of upgrades for our loyal IHG Members, I can assure you we will always upgrade rooms when we can. I am sorry if there was disparity between the hotel system and the IHG app, we will certainly look into this to prevent this from happening again.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the future where improvement plans have been completed.

Kind Regards